BTCC

mfnick

Been ages since I properly watched it going back to Lagunas and Mondeo's :)

But really did enjoy watching it again. Not fully up to date with drivers and teams other than Plato 

• 11 months later...

Hi everyone, btcc at donny this weekend is there anyone going?, myself and the wife will be down from rainy scotland for the weekend cant wait hope we dont bring the weather with us though. This is the first race weekend we getting to this year never been to donnington before, managed to get to oulten, croft and knockhill last year and every one of them was brilliant.

The scoobs not really improved from brands unfortunately but the weather was mixed sometimes dry sometimes wet could be different tomorrow in the races. They do sound amazing though louder than anything else out there 

• Like 1

The scoobs not really improved from brands unfortunately but the weather was mixed sometimes dry sometimes wet could be different tomorrow in the races. They do sound amazing though louder than anything else out there 

That's a shame. at brands I know Plato was saying they are struggling for power, but he did say the rwd is going to give them an advantage on some tracks but with a new platform and power terrain to btcc it's going to be tuff. But they've got four cars running collecting data, so hopefully if they iron out the power problems and be up there in a couple of races

Yeah plato gave an interview bouts lunchtime and was saying because the team never really got started on the car till after xmas the first few rounds were just tests for the chassis and drivetrain and they should become stronger as the season goes on, turkington done ok he got p11 and its ment to be dry tomorrow so hopefully he can make up a few places maybe a top ten finish :rolleyes:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The fires were caused by dodgy fuel components going wrong under high pressure. They were withdrawn from the 3rd weekend of racing because a safe fix wasn't managed. Haven't watched it since. Bit of a bummer.

Well thats whats called highs and lows isnt it?

spoiler alert so don't read on if you dont wanna know

Win, 3 3rds and a 2nd after dnf's prvious round :o what a comeback. was interesting to hear plato sacked off the development shocks and found a massive improvment

It was a much better show for Subaru. Vast improvement. Shame to see another in flames but apparently it was an oil. Either way it started the next race. I did hear one of the guys comment about the "increase boost" midweek and seemed to be narked about it. Some good racing all round.

Your right there tidgy they seem to have turned it right around just a shame mr potato is drving one of the scoobs i cant stand the man tbh, dont get me wrong he can drive its just his attitude and the way he knocks others off all the time if he cant get a pass done cleanly and i know rubbings racing but with him its more than rubbing, im a shedden fan being from scotland and i know its probs swearing on this site but i do follow honda yuassa however matt neal is just as bad cant stand him either. Good to see turkington doing well again i will be at croft for the next race cant wait should be really good, croft is a good fast circiut 

• 3 months later...

Good luck to the scoobs for the last round at brands today roll on next year where i'm sure one of them will be up there for the championship going on how well they have performed the 2nd half of this season 

• 4 months later...

Not long till btcc starts again happy days :wink1: and thats the wife and i just booked weekend tickets and hotel for thruxton can't wait going to make a right good time of it, coming down on the thursday going to beaulieu motor museum on the friday, then racing all weekend, then a wee visit to stonehenge while we down that neck of the woods should be a really good few days :yahoo: 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm a big fan of F1 but over the past few years have really got into BTCC too. Me and a mate are looking at heading to Thruxton too, as it looks to be the closest track to us in Bristol.

Some of the interviews I've seen with non-Subaru team members have referred to subaru as being the team to beat. I always struggle to see past one of the honda guys though. They seem consistent - or as much as you can in this championship!!