BTCC

mfnick

On Sun Mar 19 2017 at 0:01 AM, mphowells said:

I'm a big fan of F1 but over the past few years have really got into BTCC too. Me and a mate are looking at heading to Thruxton too, as it looks to be the closest track to us in Bristol.

Some of the interviews I've seen with non-Subaru team members have referred to subaru as being the team to beat. I always struggle to see past one of the honda guys though. They seem consistent - or as much as you can in this championship!!

Yeah we're fans of the f1 aswell but it has got a little boring and repetitive and it costs a small fortune to go and watch it, the btcc in my opinion has got to be one of the best championships in the world, never been to thruxton so really can't wait to come down should be a good weekend and its the fastest track on the callender 

• 1 month later...

Thruxton this weekend and we will be there woo hoo 🤗, also found out today the missus has won hospitality tickets for race day courtesy of lazer tools racing team, getting picked up.at the gate and taken to the hospitality suite then breakfast, full pit access, grid walk, 3course lunch and free drinks all day i've been buzzing all day since finding out really can't wait now its going to be an amazing weekend :yahoo:

2 hours ago, stuartie said:

Thruxton this weekend and we will be there woo hoo 🤗, also found out today the missus has won hospitality tickets for race day courtesy of lazer tools racing team, getting picked up.at the gate and taken to the hospitality suite then breakfast, full pit access, grid walk, 3course lunch and free drinks all day i've been buzzing all day since finding out really can't wait now its going to be an amazing weekend :yahoo:

Nice one!

• Like 1

Great turn out for the track walk at thruxton for billy monger who lost his legs in the horrific crash at donny raising another £7499 towards the cause 

20170506_182004.thumb.jpg.5595e607762d9d680d5b5abb511d303b.jpg

20170506_192007.thumb.jpg.18a318e1fb6013191903a226070963cb.jpg

#billywhizz

#forzabilly 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome show from Ash Sutton at oulton park this weekend! Proving it's not the car that lack performance compared to the other 3 drivers he is miles ahead!! Love BTCC been watching it 20+ years and as I've just broke my scooby cherry it's good to see them in the championship! Live in Swindon, owned hondas for about 8 years in total so always been a fan of them! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not been on for a while but aye you're right great result for ash @ oultenpark hopefully he can keep it going and carry the team to a good finish, we are off to croft in just over a week can't wait i do love a race weekend and we have also been invited back to lazer tools racing after the hospitality @ thruxton what a friendly team they are, made us feel right at home, off to the super touringcars on sunday @ knockhill with a grid walk in there to make it even better, will get to meet the likes of  gabriele tarquini and frank biela absolute legends so should be really good they also got old f1 cars going round the track, really looking forward to hearing those big v12s and v10s screeming round the track :thumbup:

Yes mate I'm still going, I'm up with a mate and he's driving (vw caddy) so not sure what's what planning to get that for about 10.30, not been to croft before,

What end are you approving from & What time you planning on arriving ?

I just whent for general admission have a wander and all that

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We ( myself and the wife) are coming in from the north and leave the A1 at scotch corner which then takes us on to a little back road which goes round the back of the circuit and brings us out about half a mile from the entrance and at the front of the queue 😃, we normally get there around 9.00, we just have general admission tickets aswell but at croft you can get right up close to all the cars and the viewing points are really close to the track aswell so you could say its quite intimate lol, not sure on how to work it if we are there before yourselves i could pm you my number if you like and you could give me a shout when you arrive and i'll get the cuppa's in 👍

• 1 year later...