Project Cars

I did that, reset to default then go back to changing the buttons. Before you assign one check what has buttons assigned and what doesn't.

I dont like the game, managed to get the controller settings perfect due to a youtube video... Amazing how different it is. Just the game itself is boring, you get pointless messages and they are the same everytime nearly. Good idea but for a game that's been in development for so long it sure fails to provide.

I am disappointed with it. Like you say they had a long time to make this and it doesn't make the grade.

I have numerous issues with the menu system. Bright pink/red overlay makes the writing below so hard to see. No options inside a race to adjust the control set up. Even down to my first race I was disqualified for my car rolling and no idea how I managed it. This game does feel like a proper sim. I have a problem with sound too. It echo's/reverberates almost like visual lag but with engine and crash noise.

Can you link that video for me please? I'll test the controls. I was lucky enough to have an old gift card so only paid £20 cash. I'll give it a little longer and allow it a steep learning curve. Took me easily 15 restarts to do first race without crashing so badly I got lapped. [emoji23]

Just drove home, turning onto another road I pulled my handbrake and slide my car round. I can safely say my seat Leon with tired suspension and fog tyres handles better than most cars on this game

Lol I'm starting to think I'm glad I didn't get this from day one Ps4 users are having the same issues from what I can see :(

I will point out though this game was paid by mainly fans of racing and donations it didn't have the big money hitters investing like most top car games out so might reflect the issues, not using that as an excuse for them it got put back enough. But from the beta I played I did fear for it but the beta was early release beta on the PC.

But I can hear the makers of GT on PS and the makers of Forza Xbox laughing from here :D 

But I found from beta 40+ cars on track hundreds of tracks never really seemed like a game needs all that. I like it but just seems a bit over kill. :( 

I've not had any running issues with it on the ps4 and found that actual driving side of the game to be quite realistic once you get out of the carts in career mode .

Will admit I've been missing forza and can't wait for gt but for now this looks like it will fill the gap for racing sims till then

also complaints that the PS4 version’s blurring is much more extreme that on the Xbox One.

The developers are aware of the issue, an issue they thought was corrected before the game went gold, but it’s also possible that the issue will still be present come release day.

"Players on Xbox One report that control settings don't work properly and that controls are awful for a lot of cars. Furthermore, gamers report tearing, stuttering, AI problems and sound drops on all platforms." 

Yet somehow reviews were nearly all positive. Just doesn't make sense to me. If the game has problems like this then it shouldn't have been reviewed so positive. The game should've been locked at 30fps. As far as performance goes it's a mess.

This might just be a select few with the issues though. 

My sound is horrible. For the amount of delays they had I'd expect a much more polished game. I can only imagine how bad it was back in November when it was originally meant to be released. I'm going to give it another go today and see how I get on.

I get the feeling the reviews are positive because a lot of people want this game to be great. Almost lying to themselves.

Sorry gaulson had to be said [emoji5] seeing as now it's back together and looking better than ever [emoji106]

That's a weird one with the lock changing ghost

I haven't played online yet and probably only done about 2.5 hrs in career on the ps4 you can customise your hud in the pit lane and save it there .

I've done a full "mario" season ,race event in a megan cup ,a few races in the 250cc carts and started a event in a twitchy ruf porka which took some getting used to.

Had a few restarts and ai set to 50 but I've won most of the races so far

Main things i don't like are the practice sessions (waste of time at lower car class levels ) and apparent lack of tuning cars to higher classes .

only tech fault I've found so far was when i adjusted the "sunlight glare" to subtle it was so bright I'm sure the image is permanently burned onto the back of my eyes wtf subtle my ar5e

No frame drop ,sound lag controller miss function yet just a unforgiving driving sim like f1 or moto gp, rather than your "bouncing off the railings" arcade game .

I'm hoping that it's not the best driving game the ps4 has to offer this year and i might change my mind once I've played it some more ,maybe I'm just a bit easy to please due to not having forza or gt to play [emoji57]

I can see how it's a real sim. And it has got a lot of that right. Its the game functions that fail for me. Having said that I went online with a pal and actually had fun in real cars. Maybe I was hasty about the karts. The amount of bugs/issues I've had is not right though.