Dirt Rally

Anyone else got it yet ? 

It's only on PC at the minute it's also only early access. Don't mistake it for being like Codemasters normal arcade style crap this is a rally sim back to being at it's best. And I love it :) 

they have said if the demand is big enough for it they will do a console release so hoping the PC brigade get behind them and the console club demand it :)

Well heres my 3rd race. And yes I've already written off cars no flashbacks in this if you wipe. And yes I hit the cliff face too :D Oh I have another video to upload of the Fiesta WRC car handles totally different to the Subaru. And just to make this more hardcore you can be driving along and get blowouts that was fun in Wales next to a fence had to retire from the race :D

https://youtu.be/X29P-VKBH0M

It's ace mate really is if you like the challenge, if you think you can go into a corner doing 120mph forget it never making it lol. I just finished 2nd in GB driving the mini in career mode don't like the FWD cars :( but need to do it. But this is the best rally game since Richard Burn rally or colin mcrae rally on the 1st xbox. 

The other good thing if you get it now as I have heard the price will go up each month until it's a full game. You won't have to pay for anything it's all free Germany tarmac is next month's download and they're going to try release something each month now until real release date. And no extra costs I like that :D

Oh and yes works with the Xbox one pad :D 

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure where the F@ck I got rally drift from lol Dirt Rally I mean I'll change the title in a second. 

Just done the Pike Peaks challenge will upload a video tonight. God it's harder than me in a woman's changing room in Primark.

• Like 1

I don't have the best G'card in the world :( But I think they're ok. I would say be more hardware related if it feels slow. Or to much stuff running in the background. I did try put everything in Ultra and felt it was slow to react to the controls. What controller you using mate ?  

I've just started with the steering wheel and full controls with gear shifter the works. Had me sat shouting at the screen a few times lol  :lol:

I'm just using the keyboard. I do need to shut a load of stuff down. Just haven't had time yet. Gaming is kind of the last thing I do when nothing else can be done, usually at silly o'clock :)

It's really good, It's still early release yet so not many rally stages Wales, Monte Carlo and Greece for the rally stages and Pikes Peak on the hill climb but doing the championship just with the 3 countries, the tension as you try get promoted is a challenge but a good one. And it's amazing how quickly it can all go soooo wrong lol :lol: I should do a montage of crashes I've had :D  

• Like 1

I last played it a couple of weeks ago, still love the game but waiting for more content. Has the hill climb been released now then? I might do some recording tonight, thrashing my stratos.

Just 3 cars available and no you need to buy one for career mode :( I just played it on the quick event section :) And it's hard as nails. And when it's raining my god it's really hard. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Only had a quick go last night. that was the 2nd run at it then jumped on career mode again bit rusty still but Germany looks ace. I know I need a better graphics card though the rain just kills my game FPS drops right out :( 

I liked the slide near the start, front wheels on the grass all the way round the corner lol. It's frustrating, I could do with a week off just to game none stop to catch up with everything.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Haha well I came 2nd to get promoted. But have to be a rich team to sort out some of the repairs :D

I have a few bits of footage of some prangs just need to add them together and another vid in Germany. I still find I make small mistakes on it though.