Dirt Rally

Had a hr ish on it last night so far so good.

yes it is a hard game , so much so that on my first attempt in the mini I managed to unlock 2 achievements. ......

1 for flipping it 360 ° and landing back on it's wheels and the other 1 was for getting the mini stuck 10ft up in a tree and writing it off [emoji39]

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure they are most peoples first achievements haha.

For germany give yourself longer gears and a looser diff. For Finland longer gears and a locked diff. Makes a huge difference to your times :).

I haven't bought a game for a PC for years but as I have just upgraded my laptop for the engine mapping (long overdue) and given what you guys have posted I will be buying this game

I really enjoyed the first three Colin McCrae rally games so that is my benchmark :smile:

it's awesome I should have let you have ago when you was here with the wheel mate. Be a good challenge after a few vodkas :laugh: bring your missus we can sneak off and get a few games in and leave them chatting :laugh:

• Like 1

once you get to the awd it's a lot easier I must admit wasn't a fan of the rear wheel drive cars. I found they needed fine tuning a lot to make them drivable but then it took the fun out of the game for me :cool:

Starting to enjoy it a lot more after another gas on it ,definitely more like the old skool rally sims

Thought I'd got my rally mojo back as I was in first place overall after a few rallies [emoji41]

but then did the Sweden snowy stages in the crap wheel drive mini. .... and can't wait for 4wd .

On the plus side I've almost got enough dough for the 95 classic now [emoji12]

Haha thats what I like the most about the game. I made world class or whatever the last group is but it gets really hard then never got in the top 5 after that and was always about 30 seconds off first place. and I would be on it flying feeling good pushing as hard as I could then near the end bam!! big off :laugh:

I had the same experience Savage, did really well for a couple of rallies then got to Sweden and things changed haha.

I uploaded a clip on Xbox, just a good moment of being on the limit in Finland :). Doesn't look as impressive as it felt though.

I had the same experience Savage, did really well for a couple of rallies then got to Sweden and things changed haha.

I uploaded a clip on Xbox, just a good moment of being on the limit in Finland :). Doesn't look as impressive as it felt though.

Yeah it reminded me of why I got rid of my 3ltr omega engined vectra b. ....

As the fwd wouldn't let it go uphill in the snow and a 20 min journey took nearly 4 hrs [emoji4]

only slightly out of touch with you younglings - I went into Game yesterday to buy the PC version.... so back home again downloaded it and got stuck in, awesome game done a bit of rally cross and the odd stage plus pikes peak - turns out I am more of a fair weather driver when it comes to that course in the rain and spent more time going back down the hillside than up the tarmac. Very addictive can see a fair amount of time being spent on it.    

Got in the classic Sub now, awesome car! Can really chuck it around :). I'm a bit annoyed with the multiplayer though, don't see why they couldn't just do a head to head style rallying like that do in the others. Instead you have to go on the website, make a league and set up an event. Such a pain!

10 hours ago, Scoobyghost said:

Steam have it on sale over the past couple of days. I think it was £23ish

yuo that is where the chap in the shop said I should go - got x4 games for £34 :thumbsup: