2.35ltr STI 5 Build.

seventune

• 2 weeks later...

So waiting for some bits ti turn up and again.... I haven't been about to just leave the old girl alone.

Started playing with the intercooler pipe work. Because of the blue fittings on the fuel lines and headers tank I decided to accent them with titanium pipe work.

All chopped and a test fit once it's all tacked up.

20150615_151706_zpsmphslzv8.jpg

20150615_152008_zps1udjxjbw.jpg

Then a bit of heat before welding to colour it...

20150616_092210_zpspcqo3bzh.jpg

20150616_093553_zpsrydpfgze.jpg

Oh.....

And this happened.

20150615_080658_zps1fy80m6e.jpg

• Like 2

Cheers chap.

Finally got pipe one done. Started work on the bigger rims too.

One down, one to go...

20150623_085210_zpslniuqfpx.jpg

20150623_085233_zpsyt6gk6yf.jpg

Wheels. 18x10 ET12 with a future 25mm added on for good measure.

New colour; but first a big mess!

2015-06-22%2013.14.48_zpstgv7k8xf.jpg

Then it started raining so had to bring them in for a bit

20150622_221432_zpsybjki7iz.jpg

Woop done.

20150623_072946_zpsm0gdduih.jpg

20150623_072920_zpselouu9im.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers dude,

Just a quick few of the other pipe now all done. I have to say now the ti is blue like the fittings the red wastegate is really bugging me....

20150706_065652_zpswjopqljq.jpg

20150706_065705_zpsgcpsjrdc.jpg

20150706_065726_zpsxltedd24.jpg

So started getting the shape together for the rear arches. A teaser of things to come....

20150706_084718_zpsm1k1bjfb.jpg

20150706_091242_zpsmro2jszf.jpg

20150706_091258_zpspchil53g.jpg

• Like 1

Right. Scoob is leaving the workshop tomorrow to go home as I'm taking some time off work for a bit and it will give me something to keep me occupied :D

I have started really chomping away at the inner arches now to suite new wide arches. I've also a ordered a couple of bits off ABW that will need to be modded a bit to suite the wide arch width. Becuase everyone needs wide body impreza in their lives.

Also ordered a few guages that turned up this morning.

Oil pressure

Boost pressure

Air/fuel

Oil temp

Water temp

Exhaust temp

Also a dash pod to suite. Once these bits are in and body is done I'm going to do the loom and get it mapped.

20150713_142150_zpswhybhazt.jpg

2015-07-13%2014.28.50_zpsf72sisco.png

Dog doesn't look to enthusiastic about all that in the living room ☺

Obviously there's six gauges there and only three in centre, where are you locating the other three ?

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Ha no he wasn't too enthusiastic as I wouldn't let him chew them. Neither was the one :D

The two pressure guages and air/fuel will go in the dash pod. The three temp guages will sit above the switch panel where the radio should be.

Think I'll keep then thanks :D

Well. Can went on a transporter yesterday and found its way home so I could get cracking with the body. I hadn't finished the 2nd two wheel yet hence the yellow ones :D

On the transporter and off she goes:

20150714_115415_zpsyz1pauye.jpg

Hour later and the old girl is home; lots to do:

20150714_152006_zpsnvkkrooz.jpg

That was yesterday. Being off today I started setting about the arch work. There is a bit of shaping to do and I'm. Waiting on some bits from ABW.

First off. 18x10s all round.

20150715_080234_zps1ujwp83n.jpg

The some arches :D

20150715_105948_zpsoru2vv8k.jpg

20150715_110007_zpsn8m6hfb0.jpg

• Like 3

What's hiding under the tarp ? Thought an old landy at 1st but it looks to big unless there's other bits perched on top?

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

I'm guessing old style military jeep :) 

Chipping away at the tasks left to do. Test fitted the guages to make sure I can see them all from the old drivers seat. Good news yes I can. So once the body is completed I'll plumb all these in when I do the Syvecs.

20150725_074609_zpszem7ymi3.jpg

Got the ABW bits. Front splitter and skirts. Both had to be modified to suite the wide arches on the car.

The test fit of the splitter. I can't elaborate enough how well it fitted. Shame to have to mod it.

20150725_063203_zpsbkvjw2p6.jpg

Part way through being modded and also the skirts added. These had to be extended out to suit the arches.

20150725_125417_zpsfplebs1r.jpg

20150725_125430_zpstyghwejl.jpg

A lot of flatting down and finishing to do. Hopefully all wrapped up tomorrow. Then just paint and I can concentrate on the electrics :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Righty ordered some more toys this morning to sort the chassis a bit....

Whiteline 24mm front roll bar

Whiteline 24mm rear roll bar - adjustable

Whiteline anti lift kit

Whiteline front and rear ally drop link set

New coilovers. Because the BC are knocky and leaky..... agian. For the second time. On the same car. 

I've gone for XYZ adjustable jobbies. Racing logic where the first choice to be honest for the alotted budget. Which ruled out Nirton/KW/Ohlins/Aragosta etc etc. HSD was an option as where the Buddyclub units but I had XYZ units on an old rx7. Along with their big brakes. And I have to say was mega impressed. They offer bigger more sturdy bodies and a more robust top mount than bc/apex type units for the same money. And they also didn't corrode half as fast as the others. One of the big things is that they actually soaked up the bump as opposed to just hitting them so you got a good level of damping even with a firm ride. Pair that with the roll bars so you can run the damping a little softer and they where properly mint (again for the budget).

• Like 1

Got the coilovers through today from Tim @ Scoobyparts. Cannot praise them enough for their service. Parts turning up promptly. Second box tomorrow with the Whiteline parts. They've kept me up to date all the way through. Very very happy.

And over the moon with the coilovers too. Will get them on as soon as I get half a chance. Few of pics.

20150813_141053_zpsqlfrpmpw.jpg

20150813_141407_zpsixva5f5s.jpg

20150813_141419_zpsygrpkn8t.jpg

Really coming together now bud and loving the wide arch look[emoji41]

I've been considering a set of coilovers as my front shocks have seen better days [emoji53] i was eyeing up some bc's but have noticed a few people complaining about the longevity and ride beeing a bit "crashy" how much were the ones that you've got?

The BC are just failing apart. The rears where leaking and top mounts knockings I had assumed the whole struts where broken so got 2 new rears. The leaking stopped but the knocking was still there even in the brand new shocks. The ride, in my opinion, is horrid. not because its hard or firm that's what you get with coilovers. But really harsh. There is little absorption in bumps. They just kind of hit the bumps without soaking them up.

I have had XYZ before on my RX7. They where really nice (that's compared to other units like Tein/BC and Apex which also tried on that car. After a couple of year I upgraded to Nirton NTR dampers for more adjstment). XYZ never gave me any problems. yes they where hard but soaked up the bumpers in the damping area. Again like those on the RX7 they are their entry level Super Sport kit. Design for more road use. 30 way damping, full body height adjustable. Separate spring pre load adj. Camber adj. these ones use a rubberised pillow ball type top mount. Unlike their race kits which use a more conventional pillow ball mount. These being entry level come in at around £600 from Scooby Parts. Don't let the price fool you. Being a street coilover they are their cheapest unit. They offer a huge range of coilovers from these @ £600 right through to Gravel and Tarmac rally specs and the Circuit Master remote reservoired range that was used by the Alfa Romeo WTCC team @ over $3,000. For the money in my opinion they stunning.

Just as a foot note. There are lots of posts on forums with people saying they are the same as BC/Apex n what ever. They are not. They use different top mounts. They have bigger bodies and use a bigger piston.

Thanks for the feed back fella[emoji106]

I'm quite happy with the current kyb,group n top mounts ,Elbaich pro springs and camber bolts I fitted on the rear a couple of months ago but if I have to change the shocks and buy group n top mounts for the front soon I was debating whether to go for entry level (quality ) coilovers and sell the new rear set up with the full set of springs .

Think I'll wait until mot time to see if they get a advisory and if not save the scooby funds for a t36 billet later in the year [emoji6]

I'm a sucker for wide body, if someone could do that to mine i'd love them forever ;) haha. I quite like the rivet style wide arch, when you can see the parts have been put on rather than the seamless look.