Anyone want to organise a West Mids meet?

Morning all, 

As I have only had my scoob for a couple of weeks I haven't had the chance to meet up with any scoob owners in my area, would be good to know some local lads for all of the noob questions and the "Does this look right to you...?" 's haha

Anyone fancy putting something together?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Ash,

I hope you're well? And everyone else reading this of course!

I'd be interested in gauging some numbers on a meet, see how much interest we could get.

We've just opened a new Subaru Dealership in Telford, literally 2 minutes off the M54 (junction 6).

I'm really keen to get involved in the "Owners"side of things, as I have a 2006 WRX300 myself and would be happy to offer our premises as a place for us to gather - I'm even looking at arranging a hog roast and refreshments of some kind, including a prize for the best car on show.

Obviously I need to get an idea of how many people would be interested beforehand before I look at setting something up, but as long as I can get the numbers, Shukers are happy to support it.

Regards,

John. 

• Like 3

Hi John, 

I think that's a great idea, and as there are no real Subaru dealerships in my area any more it would be good to find one locally that has good customer relations and can offer servicing and parts for our Subaru's, 

Perhaps you can promote your new dealership with some sort of incentives for on the forums like good deal on servicing costs or free MOT when have servicing etc?

As for numbers I think normal for these types of events is around 15 > 25 cars, but if your offering food and area to park may be more? 

Best start may be making a new post on this thread asking who would be interested and provide location and details on what will be provided, 

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/forum/44-west-midlands-regional-meets/ 

Hope this helps, 

Cheers

Ash

• Like 1

Yeah if you get a new post up and maybe a picture of the front of the showroom where to meets being held I'll help get the word spread with Facebook and 2 other forums :) need dates and times too :D 

Yeah if you get a new post up and maybe a picture of the front of the showroom where to meets being held I'll help get the word spread with Facebook and 2 other forums :) need dates and times too :D

You're a star, thank you very much.

If i can help to push this page in any way, let me know. All too happy to help.

I've been outside taking loads of pictures today, so will get them compressed and post them shortly.

• Like 2

Thats would be great if you can help :) And we will always try help with meets to the best we can regardless :) 

Give you an idea of how I lay the meets out on the forum 

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/14870-lincolnshiregrimsby-meetup-14th-july-new-inn-north-thoresby/

But if you get stuck mate just let me know I will get it sorted for you :) 

The pictures won't do the space justice, but we could squeeze a fair few cars on there as long as they're parked correctly, we do have space the other side of the forecourt too depending on how much interest we get.

It is likely to be late August, or some point in September.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, sorry for delay in pushing this - had a lot of teething issues with this being a new dealership for us, but we're finally there now!

Really looking to try and drill down on numbers now as want to get something in place for this - it will be a regular occurrence, perhaps once a month depending on uptake? If I can get some decent interest (more that 10 people) then I'll get a date in the diary by the end of the week. Obviously I don't want to pay for some form of catering if no bugger is going to turn up.

ANY SUBARU MODEL WELCOME

NO ENTRY COST​

MEET AT A GENUINE SUBARU DEALERSHIP​

FOOD AND DRINK WILL BE AVAILABLE

COMPETITION AND PRIZE FOR BEST CAR ON SHOW

​OFFERS ON SUBARU PARTS AND ACCESSORIES FOR ALL ATTENDING

Our postcode is TF1 5DS - we're literally just off junction 6 of the M54, but you can come off the M6 and head down the A5 - is loads of different options.

Give me your thoughts :) .

Thanks,

John.

• Like 1

Might be wrong time of year mate but worth a try. Did you want to copy and paste this in a new fresh post in the regional section again is fine. And I'll get it posted on our Facebook page. Picture of the dealership or a car would be good too.

• 3 months later...