mpg

maybe-buy-a-BRZ

Subaru state that the combined mpg is 25………

This figure is quoted in the pdf that I obtained from this link:-

http://www.subaru.com/content/downloads/pdf/brochures/2015_Subaru_BRZ.pdf

I can't remember how I found the link.

However, the brochure that my Subaru garage sent me and the download link that Subaru sent me both state that the combined mpg is at least 36 and agrees with the Toyota figure.

Unfortunately I think you would only be about the 3rd person on here with a BRZ not including some of the Americans that post from  time to time :( But as you said it is the same as a Gt86 so not sure where they got that figure from  :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I drove the BRZ from Somerset (where I bought it), over to Surrey then up to Scotland where I live, 

I averaged 47 MPG for the whole trip.

At one point it was 50 MPG (Surrey to Wigan), I think this was mostly achieved by the speed restrictions on the motorways..

I double checked the cars MPG reading by refilling the car and dividing by the distance covered. It was almost the same. 

I read that in a MPG marathon in 2014 the BRZ acheived 55.42 MPG.

http://www.emg-subaru.co.uk/news/mpg-marathon-event-proves-brz-is-fun-and-frugal/

• Like 1

Aussie Ed, where did you buy your BRZ and what do you think of the dealer?

Woodford Motor Co.  Compact dealership location near M11 & A 406.(A104). Not huge facilities but plenty of options on vehicles available both new & S/hand. Staff helpful, friendly and importantly not 'pushy'. No experience (yet) of service dept. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Aussie Ed, where did you buy your BRZ and what do you think of the dealer?

Woodford Motor Co.  Compact dealership location near M11 & A 406.(A104). Not huge facilities but plenty of options on vehicles available both new & S/hand. Staff helpful, friendly and importantly not 'pushy'. No experience (yet) of service dept. 

I also got mine from there in November. I'm not yet convinced they are experts on the car.

On subject, I'm yet to get less than 32mpg. In a recent long journey I did a 440 mile trip on one tank of fuel. The car reported a 47.3mpg but the actual figure was 45.4 which is higher than the manufacturers extra urban figure, so all good.

The 45.4 was achieved with driving speeds of 60-75, a few miles in 50 limited roadworks and of course dreaded M25 and M1 traffic. At the halfway point the car was reading 48.8mpg so I expect the car could hit 47mpg+ without traffic. My satnav showed the car is only doing 66mph when the speedo shows 70.

How active is the BRZ sub-forum, I thought the place looked a little deserted so wasn't sure if anyone was still about....

13 hours ago, WillL said:

How active is the BRZ sub-forum, I thought the place looked a little deserted so wasn't sure if anyone was still about....

You, Me and a dog named Boo by the look of it!  I've been overseas for two months so not used it or had anything to report of late.

Seems that not enough of BRZ sold to build up a forum following. Maybe they'll become collectors models :-)

I've been trying to find some tailored car seat covers and even advised the companies I've contacted that seat covers for Toyota GT86 are probably the same but received 'cant help you' replies.  Anyone got any suggestions? 

Ed