Correct way to Install gauges

Phila67

Everything working fine. Boosts at 1.3 bar as it should. Oil temp runs at 100, 110 if pushing hard? Oil pressure runs at around 4.5. Gauges fitted in securely. Just need to drill a hole in the pod for the alarm light and then all done.

Massive thanks to Stants for helping me out (to be fair he did 99% of the work). Chuffed to bits with them. Can't get used to not seeing the clock lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad it's all ok, i'd just keep an eye on all the connections for a week or two, if it's not wept on way home chances are it's ok,

As for the hot running, are you using 5-30 ? May be worth looking into going to a 5-40 most modded impreza are advised to run a slightly higher viscosity than standard,

Have a word with Opie Oils should be able to advise you instead of listening to me [emoji3]

Note to self cheap soldering irons are cheap for a reason !

Decided to take car to work today to check on gauges. Everything appears ok. Temperature is showing between 104 and 114 degrees. At one point warning lightly came on very briefly. Car is mapped to 280bhp and running 5/40 oil. Should I look to change oil for a different mixture?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What's your oil level like?

The temp is a bit higher than I'd expect considering the ambient temperature. I haven't seen over 100℃ since japshow in July. But 100-110 isnt dangerous. 120+ would start to get a bit naughty.

We're you seeing 100+ with a good run or general poodling around town?

Also, what temp does the gauge read when first started cold? Knowing stants it'll be a dodgy earth [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

It may have always been running like that and now you have gauges just something to worry about lol,

And the gauges may read a little off, mine do I know the water is about 5° over what the ecu says, do you have an app for the phone so you can read codes etc ? May be able to cross reference the ecu with the gauges to see if there's a little variation