Brake Pad Choice - Help

So quick update..... I did a full pad and disc swap this weekend, and can say the BlueStuff NDX from EBC destroyed the Brembo disc's. The faces were like hills and valleys, so no wonder I was having problems, they sounded like crap and I just didn't trust them to stop the car anymore. I've put on a new set of Brembo disc's and a full set of PFC Z rated pads, and even now the pedal feel is way better, much smoother. I'll have to give them a few hundred miles to bed in with easy braking, then take them through a full heat cycles.

Moral of this thread.... stay away from brake pads which sound too good to be true.

Did you take photos of the discs and pads, may be useful to send them to EBC?

I have not used the blue stuff myself and was only considering going as far as the yellowstuff. Have used the red and green products in the past with no issues.

Have done a bit of reading on the PFC site and their products to look pretty effective, tempted to try some of the pads on my bike as an alternative to sintered pad option I currently have in place

Pity they dont manufacture in UK which I must admit was one of my reasons for looking at EBC in the first place

On 20/02/2017 at 1:07 PM, dgarside said:

So quick update..... I did a full pad and disc swap this weekend, and can say the BlueStuff NDX from EBC destroyed the Brembo disc's. The faces were like hills and valleys, so no wonder I was having problems, they sounded like crap and I just didn't trust them to stop the car anymore. I've put on a new set of Brembo disc's and a full set of PFC Z rated pads, and even now the pedal feel is way better, much smoother. I'll have to give them a few hundred miles to bed in with easy braking, then take them through a full heat cycles.

Moral of this thread.... stay away from brake pads which sound too good to be true.

Were your discs drilled, grooved or drilled and grooved as apparently having drilled only discs causes the hills and uneven wear?

Hey guys, sorry for delay responding [emoji3] discs were standard (factory fitted) Brembo discs on a 2014 STi. Didn't take any pictures but running you finger over them really didn't fill you with confidence. Normally you get a smooth (ish) disc face, after the BlueNDX pads came off you could feel ridges all way down the disc (front discs). The Z rated PFC's on new Brembo discs are feeling much much better/smoother and now time for some higher temp heat cycles. We'll then see how they perform in similar circumstances. Hoping to get a couple of track days booked to get the speed out of my system rather than on the road [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 3/5/2017 at 9:02 AM, dgarside said:

Hey guys, sorry for delay responding emoji3.png discs were standard (factory fitted) Brembo discs on a 2014 STi. Didn't take any pictures but running you finger over them really didn't fill you with confidence. Normally you get a smooth (ish) disc face, after the BlueNDX pads came off you could feel ridges all way down the disc (front discs). The Z rated PFC's on new Brembo discs are feeling much much better/smoother and now time for some higher temp heat cycles. We'll then see how they perform in similar circumstances. Hoping to get a couple of track days booked to get the speed out of my system rather than on the road emoji6.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How are PF pads? Interested to know?