330s project stealth

kershaw-330s

So then it's turbo time . I chose an engine tuner own specd turbo it's a gtx2871 with an 11 blade billet wheel and uprated ceramic bearings. I'm unsure of the precise specs but I told them I wanted ultimate response and around 400hp. As I wanted to maintain the oe centre section, prodrive back box . And I'm still running the standard intercooler and airbox, mainly because of budget and I didn't want it to be really loud

unfortunately these are the only pics I've got

f3e9ee7042f0f10f99aa79349a9510db.jpg

04c0eed22240e31db350b75d2f56c93b.jpg

You can also see the competition clutch stage two clutch on in these pics :)

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I've got a custom billet gtx2871 on mine, on low boost (1.15bar) it made 330/380 on a 2,5 with v5 heads. Spool is pretty good too. No idea how the spec will result compared to your of course unless they are speced the same, which i dont have any info for im afraid,

IMG-20160108-WA0000_zpsuxxwqkbm.jpg

I've got a custom billet gtx2871 on mine, on low boost (1.15bar) it made 330/380 on a 2,5 with v5 heads. Spool is pretty good too. No idea how the spec will result compared to your of course unless they are speced the same, which i dont have any info for im afraid,

IMG-20160108-WA0000_zpsuxxwqkbm.jpg

Some lovely looking curves there ;)

Are you running a fmic ?

So I'm really bad at updating this, so I've picked the car up now, made the long drive down to Plymouth sun was shinning :)

Just a few Scoobys outside 12d2d53d656b6566f3343e98f9088fb9.jpg

bfd406cc9b72cc8e17a15ffbd5d8b5fe.jpg

Few bay pics

f276d47e89e9f9e5a7c90948ef848a9b.jpg

e84bece3264caef389130344aafd86f3.jpg

b34faf88dd02868d5c70c5fe5b40a2da.jpg

8d90d1e1f17ed4dce0305d71c0d801d1.jpg

79199ce0f815967c1f595fcf21145ade.jpg84ebf3cd42646809afceb9452b339b44.jpg

bb5d5ec616b22a2e7428ae0e924fec4b.jpg

Even managed 40 mpg on way home

85b2842e1b9945d3e182c46170940513.jpg

Then enjoyed running it in for a bit

Underside as I was performing one of the many oil changes

ca7d04ec7307b1e93671e6f433b9565c.jpg

Soz about the bad quality

18fc33d95c4f3c2f680d5a5af01bfacc.jpg

Got myself some engine bay bling

86d397e71b8a1d18c3ab820813ee08f9.jpg

e0315a0a0ce5d580804c35edaf8d453f.jpg

583601ab25035c2823bef4dc0ae690db.jpg

Going to get a black Battery when this one packs up hopefully stand out more [emoji4]

Then got my boy a new seat to match the 330s recaros and so he can Handel the g's [emoji23]

c1c7ebaffa7f2a3679e10f61e559e96c.jpg

99d86e61e08b37a029a0c105fbae072b.jpg

a02954843fb26565c525a2ffe43da37a.jpg

Then after running in and multiple oil changes it was back to Plymouth for mapping [emoji16]

d5ab8e6e0a9d8c6fb2fd32d5d7e6f2c6.jpg

https://vimeo.com/159690789

Mapped on ecutek soft wear [emoji1362]with flat shift a launch mode [emoji16]

175f8a39f0528697da557e928ed6293c.jpg

So here's the results

403a679a8fa804cf407fe3cd9befbbb1.jpg

So red is low boost just s on the si drive and blue is hi ish boost at 22psi s# on the si drive so can just swap between :) Martyn said I'm really being held back by the standard intercooler so we're restricted to 22psi too because of the cooler but I'm happy with the figures considering I've got standard cat back top mount and air box [emoji1362] hopefully getting a mishimoto top mount next week then I will be going back

Lil vid in action how it just sounds like a jet it's a real silent assassin

https://vimeo.com/159691328

Recorded from my mates modded blob sti

• Like 2

sounds awesome - great progress there :punk:

Thanks man I'm a bit bummed that I couldn't make 400 so I'm going to get a new top mount on Tuesday after weeks of research I've decided to go for the mishimoto because it has a great spec but can't decide which one either black or silver I think black would look quite cool and kinda disappear although silver will look oe :/ also the car is midnight blue and I'm concerned the when it's sunny out that it will get heat soaked by the sun being black and that the cars almost black I'm really unsure

I have read an article somewhere - cannot remember if it was magazine or online but they researched temps vs colour and there was not much in it black or silver. If I remember I will reference it

The original white van allegedly came from the ford transit chaps leaning against a dark van and finding it considerably warmer than the white ones - cannot remember the specific temp difference but it was enough to create the white van man legend

so whilst stationary yes you will have increased temp vs a white car but once moving the intercooler difference will be little. Misimoto are banging out some quality gear at the moment so as a brand I would but their stuff - I have the OAS marked as must have for our next hatch.

Only other thing that may be of consequence is that I have read somewhere - again apologies as I cannot recall where, that the intake for the sharkeye is ineffective at higher speeds, so further investigation may be required there...??

I have read an article somewhere - cannot remember if it was magazine or online but they researched temps vs colour and there was not much in it black or silver. If I remember I will reference it

The original white van allegedly came from the ford transit chaps leaning against a dark van and finding it considerably warmer than the white ones - cannot remember the specific temp difference but it was enough to create the white van man legend

so whilst stationary yes you will have increased temp vs a white car but once moving the intercooler difference will be little. Misimoto are banging out some quality gear at the moment so as a brand I would but their stuff - I have the OAS marked as must have for our next hatch.

Only other thing that may be of consequence is that I have read somewhere - again apologies as I cannot recall where, that the intake for the sharkeye is ineffective at higher speeds, so further investigation may be required there...??

Hey soz man for some reason my notifications don't seem to be working properly

I think I'm going to go black with the cooler just abit different and the missimoto products are the right price and they have a uk store so no worrie about importing and the do seem to put a lot of r and d into their products so I have faith that it will be a quality product.

I think I did read the same test with silver and black radiators and I think they found that the black core actually displaced the heat more efficiently than the silver . Ideally I hear what your saying about the heat soak but I just can't justify paying an extra £1k + for somthing that's not going to give me extra gains the extra surface area should dissipate the heat better than stock anyway so heat will be reduced. I'm going to get so of the reflective gold tape and wrap the edges of the cooler in it . Try and maximise it's efficiency I know Martyn sayed he had done a hatch which had a grim speed topmount and that achieved a safe 470hp and with the missimoto supposedly being a better core, it's defo bigger I should see some good gains ( fingers crossed ) I know in the states uprated top mounts are more popular on standard fitment turbos I've even seen a few running top mounts on rotated kits. So with regards to the intake being ineffective at high speed I assume you mean the bonnet scoop? which I too have head at high speed can be ineffective and the air just flows over but I believe the is over 100mph so as a road car not really an issue, like I've said ideally a Perrin front mount would be my top choice but just don't have the cash unfortunately and in the real world I just can't justice the extra £1k + for very little or no gain over the top mount and the £ I will save I could spend on suspension mods :) ..

I'm not actually sure of the processes they use to clean the engine didn't ask lol but he did say they do all in house and I'm sure it's been painted too, to make it look that bit better, although I maybe wrong that's something you would have to ask mr Jeffries about

• Like 1

Dunno if you already have one but a turbo blanket keeps under bonnet temps down

Yes I have been looking into them but I'm still running the oe heat shield ATM although slightly modified for the larger turbo I'm unsure if one would fit under the heat shield. I need to take the cooler of and have a look really I was thinking maybe get a turbo jacket then retain the oe heat shield but gold tape the inside then maybe paint the outside of it black with heatproof paint .. because I've heard that aftermarket heatshields are an !Removed! to fit and secure . Does anyone know of a site that sells turbo blankets ? Any help would be much appreciated :)

Depends on how much you want to spend, I got a perrin one from scooby clinic, ptp are another well respected brand but you'll have to ship from the states,

I have mine without the heat shield, the ic is cool to touch after a long run and can also put my hand on the blanket,

Some of the UK sellers blankets are 2x as much and I can't see why,

Cdf, do them amongst others

Depends on how much you want to spend, I got a perrin one from scooby clinic, ptp are another well respected brand but you'll have to ship from the states,

I have mine without the heat shield, the ic is cool to touch after a long run and can also put my hand on the blanket,

Some of the UK sellers blankets are 2x as much and I can't see why,

Cdf, do them amongst others

Yes just been looking at the Perrin one on the sc website seems reasonable. just wondering did you install yours with the turbo in place or did you have the turbo off when you installed it? as it looks quite fiddly. because by looks of it it's secured by wire tied round the up pipe and I've got big hands so could be awkward. Any tips ?

Took the car for a decent drive last couple days and can honestly say it's addictive the low down grunt is awesome really feels a different car, it's brutal had the tyres chirp into 4th in the dry using flat shift with the new cc stage two clutch bites great but drives like oe, maybe slightly more heavy than stock but no more than the clutch is in my 350z , even in low boost car feels totally different to the oe map feels much more progressive instead of the old map that was all in about 4K then runs out of puff ,

Also be ordering my new top mount tomorrow [emoji51] can't wait to be member of the 400hp club, but also think I'm going to need a new recirculating/ dump valve because apparently the stock one only rated to 20psi and I'm running about 22on high boost so could really do with upgrading.

I installed mine with the turbo in place just used a set of ramps and some needle nose pliers, was a bit fiddly as the blanket is pretty stiff when new. An extra pair of hands would have been helpful but doable on your own,

I'll dig out a pic or two

• Like 2

Awesome.. [emoji51]..

Just ordered my intercooler today but just a heads up to anyone looking to order of the mishimoto website none of the prices on the site included vat [emoji30] and it didn't add the vat till I had actually bought the cooler [emoji85] a bit miss leading luckily I had the extra in my account.. But because of the extra I couldn't get the gold reflective heat tape I will have to get that next week . But I did get a free %5 off voucher which was nice :)

Yeah they hut me with the vat chestnut when I bought my catch can booo !

Noticed I don't have the blanket install pics any more apart from one sat on the turbo, the cars back on the lift Saturday so I'll grab an underside pic then

1 hour ago, kershaw-330s said:

Awesome.. emoji51.png..

Just ordered my intercooler today but just a heads up to anyone looking to order of the mishimoto website none of the prices on the site included vat emoji30.png and it didn't add the vat till I had actually bought the cooler emoji85.png a bit miss leading luckily I had the extra in my account.. But because of the extra I couldn't get the gold reflective heat tape I will have to get that next week . But I did get a free %5 off voucher which was nice :)

do you no you can buy your mishimoto parts from their uk dealer,thats were i get my stuff from,here's their eBay shop,stuff usually delivered in about 3 days. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/mishimototrader/

Well I bought direct from the mishimoto uk website and then spoke to them on the phone because I had my delivery and billing address the wrong way round .. Very helpful nice sounding chap on the phone and he said my order would be with me tomorrow :)