Private plate spacing?

Sandals

2 hours ago, tomobwfc said:

i want X27 OMO

might get it for my 27th birthday in september

but would i get away with discreetly putting it as X2 7OMO :cool:

as people said,local pc plod will probly let it slide but motorway police are a diffrent thing,they wont,they will fine you and give ticket to change it back,was 1 on interceptors the other day,did not change letters or size just moved them from original spacing,ticket and fine,other month jordan was on for her range rover were she moved numbers,got same ticket and fine.so i say do it at own risk,you may get done but you may not,best thing to do is get a proper plate,instead of trying to spell something like the 1's above that just look naff,even if they was on a buggatti or something they would look naff :biggrin:

• Like 2

These days, the cops will use a number plate recognition camera on your number, and if it fails to read it, you are in trouble. As the cameras re only set up to read properly spaced plates, anything else is bound to fail. They even have one set up in our local Morrisons petrol station. There are two on my estate that are well wrong, but they look the sort to get visits from the cops on a regular basis, on more important matters, anyway!

• Like 1

There are very few ANPR cameras in Scotland as far as i'm aware... I need to keep my plate as is because I'm on the ANPR system at Edinburgh airport so I can enter and leave the long stay car park whenever I like... for FREE! :D

• Like 1

Sandals. The law in Scotland regarding parking on private land is different than in England. There is no legislation in Scotland.....meaning you can park as long as you like for free. The parking scumbags can do nothing. Any threats of court, fines or whatever they try to scare people into paying are totally worthless.

Delivered via my Galaxy S6 edge using Tapatalk 😊

• Like 1

Yeh i know that, but it's different with the Airport, the ANPR cameras work for opening the barriers or putting your number plate on the parking ticket since it's a long stay car park. It's not operated by a 3rd party company, it's owned and run by the Airport themselves (they do have other car parks run by 3rd party companies but not the one i'm registered to park in). So if I was Average "going on holiday" Joe, you would need a paid ticket to be able to open the barriers on the way out, but for me, the ANPR camera recognises my plate and lets me out without having to stop :D

• Like 1