What did you do to your XV today???

Dug

1 hour ago, Dug said:

they look great to be fair :-)

hope he can do some for me too

right stop messing and get them on lol :biggrin:

It'll be after the black spray is done so be a few days at least, depends on the weather 

All done, sprayed it all on the car in the end, just used a reel of automotive masking tape. Looks really good, I'm pleased with it to be fair. 

The badges look good in white

Quite a transformation for 2 hrs work. 

I suppose you'll want to see the photos now then?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Because I'm soooo busy at work, (NOT! Basically just sitting at home with nothing to do while I wait for my notice period to end) I'm giving the XV a load of TLC.

having blacked out the chrome and treated her to new white badges the other day, I've today spent my working day (lol!) washing, waxing, hoovering, interior detailing, the full nine yards, even tyre blacked her. Looks stunning now, so much so that I'm tempted to just drive somewhere nice and get a couple of good photos in the sun.

sadly though the wife has also cottoned on I'm not too busy and has given me a list of wife work I can do rather than "play" with my car 😩

I received my overlays from Scott today and have to say they look great and top quality too :rolleyes:

as I have a couple o days off  and as I could not wait lol I have re done all my plastidip and removed all the chrome this time and fitted new overlays

deffo better this time and changes the look of the car

here is completed back end front to follow soon....

1_1.jpg

1_2.jpg

1_3.jpg

Looks great, I definitely think no chrome looks better. It's a bit fiddly around the front badge but worth it I think. I'm loving how mine looks now.

I like the red badge on yours I wondered about black with white stars but I think I made the right choice. None of it is permanent so if change my mind it's no drama

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

agreed a photoshoot would be good :biggrin:

yes it's way better with all the chrome gone, looks more rugged

I am loving the red logo's they go great with the red on the Rally Armor mud flaps :-)

front done :-)

the black and white combo looks great on yours.

They both look direct from Subaru not a Halfords wan-a-bee's  :laugh:

1_4.jpg

1_5.jpg

Looks good, just out of curiosity, did you spray the whole grill or just the chrome, I sprayed the chrome and peeled off around the chrome bits as I'd masked it off. The plastic and the dip look the same to be fair.

I only did the chrome bits

I removed grill and separated and sprayed

Masked the middle bit and peeled away around and center

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/55491898/kleeneze-main-book-issue-2-uk-2016

Got a pair of these catch caddies, to fit between the seat and console, for a bit of extra storage, but mainly to stop me dropping my keys down there, and taking an age to get them out again!

Rats - you will have to flip through the catalogue to page 139, as it will not load on the page showing the caddies. Sorry

• 4 weeks later...

I have had a rattle for some time, which comes and goes but, today, I found the cause - it is the spare nut for when the skinny spare is fitted, and the locking nut can't be used. Seemed to have slipped down the back of the spare wheel well!

• 4 weeks later...

Well mine is in the garage because staggeringly it developed an identical fault as my wife's car with the aircon. I'm half expecting the dealers to tell me it's the same problem which is a worry as it implies that the aircon condenser unit only lasts 2-3 years and then the seals go. I went from fully functioning aircon to nothing in 3 days. The dealer is sorting it out as a warranty issue so it's just an annoyance but it's a concern that this might happen again in 2-3 years when the warranty has expired. 

On 25 mei 2016 at 8:21 PM, Rizmo said:

https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/55491898/kleeneze-main-book-issue-2-uk-2016

Got a pair of these catch caddies, to fit between the seat and console, for a bit of extra storage, but mainly to stop me dropping my keys down there, and taking an age to get them out again!

Rats - you will have to flip through the catalogue to page 139, as it will not load on the page showing the caddies. Sorry

Great idea! 

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely fuming with myself!!!!

driving the wife's car and was pulling round a traffic calming island, somehow misjudged it and clipped the front wheel on the kerb, wheel is fine, tyre has a golfball sized bulge stickingboutbof the side wall, Effin marvellous, that's £120 down the pan plus another £25 to get the tracking done. Hacked off is an understatement!! 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, marcothio said:

Hi

As seen on the forum and gladly purchased:

IMG_1375.JPG

I must admit I have though about getting some of these, but not got round to it yet. Always seems to be something more important going on that warrants my money 😩