What did you do to your XV today???

Dug

• 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, Aberdeen Chris said:

Oh and if you ask they should give you the crash bar they remove from behind the bumper.

You may want to keep the tow bar for another XV ☺

Thanks for that, I hadnt considered that, but to be fair I’ll probably run this one into the ground, it’s an official Subaru one so hoping its tidy

Ditto.

I need mine to do me at least thirteen years or more. The car I traded for it was twenty years and in fantastic condition, although the clutch must have been getting thin having done almost 160000 miles lol, but it is good to run a car for a long time I think. I had it for fifteen years.

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Chris said:

Ditto.

I need mine to do me at least thirteen years or more. The car I traded for it was twenty years and in fantastic condition, although the clutch must have been getting thin having done almost 160000 miles lol, but it is good to run a car for a long time I think. I had it for fifteen years.

Subaru have fitted detachable Witter Towbar, not very intrusive at all, will be keeping mine now it has Towbar on and only dies about 100 miles a week, will now be the Towbar for the caravan we’ve just bought. With that mileage it should last me a while

Have they fitted a 13 pin socket?

Your van will likely have a 12n and 12s 7pins, but a converter can be had from eBay cheaply.

I actually re wired my van to 13 pin and it works very well, although there are a few differences in the wiring which must be considered, but a new cable and socket has been worth it 20170129_114053.thumb.jpg.cdc93f4bed4a98d837ad71070b7fb3b3.jpg

On 09/11/2017 at 6:13 PM, Aberdeen Chris said:

Have they fitted a 13 pin socket?

Your van will likely have a 12n and 12s 7pins, but a converter can be had from eBay cheaply.

I actually re wired my van to 13 pin and it works very well, although there are a few differences in the wiring which must be considered, but a new cable and socket has been worth it 20170129_114053.thumb.jpg.cdc93f4bed4a98d837ad71070b7fb3b3.jpg

On 14/11/2017 at 11:28 PM, Dogconker said:

Yes both van and car are 13 pin, Subaru only fit 13pin themselves, it’s a new van so they’re all 13 pin  now. Haven’t even got it yet.

I'm sure it will be great fun, it's great being able to pull in to a nice spot have a wee rest a cuppa and perhaps a bacon roll without the hassle of needing services.

Will you fit a motor mover? They make life much easier in the clutch especially when reversing up an incline at an angle!!

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Chris said:

I'm sure it will be great fun, it's great being able to pull in to a nice spot have a wee rest a cuppa and perhaps a bacon roll without the hassle of needing services.

Will you fit a motor mover? They make life much easier in the clutch especially when reversing up an incline at an angle!!

We’ve just ordered a motormover to be fitted actually, make it a bit easier to slot into its storage space. 

Spent a small fortune kitting it out, just bought a towing cover today. Security costs a packet though to stop it getting nicked

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/05/2016 at 1:29 PM, Dogconker said:

All done, sprayed it all on the car in the end, just used a reel of automotive masking tape. Looks really good, I'm pleased with it to be fair. 

The badges look good in white

Quite a transformation for 2 hrs work. 

I suppose you'll want to see the photos now then?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hey Dogconker, I'll probably be doing the spray paint job next week (Update to follow on Wednesday) 👍 but was thinking about the badges, are your white ones just stickers or are they full plastic? Where did you get them from and are they easy enough to swap out? 

12 minutes ago, Swayze88 said:

Hey Dogconker, I'll probably be doing the spray paint job next week (Update to follow on Wednesday) 👍 but was thinking about the badges, are your white ones just stickers or are they full plastic? Where did you get them from and are they easy enough to swap out? 

They’re gel stickers, look like the real thing but you just stick them over the top of the original ones.

I’ll find the guys email address I got them from and message it too you, tell him you’re from the Subaru club and you supplied some to other members, you just have to provide the length and height measurement to him (don’t forget the front and back are different sizes)

its pretty easy as long as you follow the YouTube videos I’ll put the link up to some useful vids, i didn’t even take the grid off. I just masked off the mesh.

Well actually yesterday but..   

XV wouldn't start in the morning, Battery flat, phoned Subaru assist. Recovery guy jump started car and said battery required replacing.

Phoned dealer they said Battery would be covered by warranty, so ran car to dealership, they tested Battery and confirmed Battery had failed but they will not have one in stock until Wednesday, so got a micra as a courtesy car til our car fixed.

Disappointed they didn't have a battery in stock, but at least I will not have to pay for a new one.

17 minutes ago, Mole said:

Well actually yesterday but..   

XV wouldn't start in the morning, battery flat, phoned Subaru assist. Recovery guy jump started car and said battery required replacing.

Phoned dealer they said battery would be covered by warranty, so ran car to dealership, they tested battery and confirmed battery had failed but they will not have one in stock until Wednesday, so got a micra as a courtesy car til our car fixed.

Disappointed they didn't have a battery in stock, but at least I will not have to pay for a new one.

It’s pretty unusual for a Battery to fail like that these days. Good that they’re looking after you, even if it does mean you’ve got to drive around in a shoebox for a while 😂

1 minute ago, Dogconker said:

It’s pretty unusual for a battery to fail like that these days. Good that they’re looking after you, even if it does mean you’ve got to drive around in a shoebox for a while 😂

Yes thought it was a bit strange, we had been out in it the night before, a 20 mile journey back home and I knew we had not left interior light on or any thing like that, so should have been fine. Looks like at least one cell has failed.

Took micra out in the dark last night, wondered what was wrong with headlights, until I worked out they automatically dip when you stop, when you come up behind a car or when a car comes towards you, then go back to full beam afterwards!

40 minutes ago, Swayze88 said:

@Dogconker got my stickers on today! Thanks for the details. Think they look good. 

IMG_20180103_204554.jpg

IMG_20180103_204514.jpg

They’re good stickers from him, you can barely tell they’re stick ons

looks good, I went the other way with my badges with the stars in black, but that suits your car,

not brave enough yet to black out the bout badges? Looks the part if you can take the plunge.

DDE12525-44B8-42E7-85EF-9CAE40381AB7.jpeg