Paint restoration

kershaw-330s

My cars 7 years old now and it's midnight blue so it's a bit of an !Removed! to keep clean. But ever since I got the car about three years ago, the paint wasn't in the best condition quite a bit of swirling and light scratching and everytime I would clean it and three part polish using mcguires , G3 or auto glym products ,it would look good for a day or so but in bright light you would always see the swirls and towel marks, then as soon as it gets dusty again it would look exactly the same.

lately I've been lazy and taken it to the hand car was a few times never again tho lol , the paint now is just swirls on swirls and in a condition just where i can't seem to get the finish I want , and I dont really want to pay for a full detail when I'm sure there is thing I can do

help !!

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

A da polisher do you mean a rotational polisher? I don't know if I have the confidence to cut it back myself tho or would I not need to if I used the right product ?? Wish my car was silver lol

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Da polishers have another action as well as the rotary to make things easier, I'm just as paranoid of using one to had my eye on the dodo juice ones for around a ton but my paint is so thin in places

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Da polishers have another action as well as the rotary to make things easier, I'm just as paranoid of using one to had my eye on the dodo juice ones for around a ton but my paint is so thin in places

Oh so is da a brand ? I was looking at this brand stuff http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/gtechniq.aspx?page=2&gclid=CJru1saI4cwCFQkq0wodDB8Bkg but I'm not sure :/ . and that's the thing and If you mess it up it quite an expensive and quite embarrassing mistake. But I wouldn't mind giving one a go to apply just the wax coat because that should hopefully improve the appearance a bit and not as nerve racking as cutting it back, what products would you recommend? As in wax and polish etc

I think da means dual action does rotary and an up and down motion as far as I can work out, stops you buffing down to bare metal 😅

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dodo-Juice-Orbital-Machine-Polisher/dp/B004GU30AC

This is on other sites for around a ton, never used one so a bit wary of it, would cut cleaning time down though

• Like 1

I wash ,clay ,rinse, resin polish ,paint sealer and then top it with colinite wax . Which Seems to keep the swirls at bay for a couple of months .

I've been told that using a "glaze" before the sealer and wax helps too .

If you do decide to have a go at machine polishing just buy a fine grade polish and pad to start with (until you build up your technique )

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

Nice work there Consti. 

I am a little bit jealous of how shinny it is.

Meguiars Ultimate range and a DA Polisher? That's it? 

You're giving me a lot of work for the weekends ahead! :-)

Cheers, yep Meguiars and cheap Argos da polisher.

Compound

Glaze/polish

wax

Done. [emoji106][emoji2]

• Like 1

Yes, the buff daddy is meant to be great...always fancied one too, it's on my list [emoji6]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Here is the steps I do when I go the full hog.

Jetwash

Foam

Jetwash

Wash with two bucket

Rinse as you go

Dry

Crystal clear, removes old wax.

clay with lube

Rinse as you go, stop residue

Synthetic chamois

Compound, mequiars ultimate, wipe of gently as you go

Cover panels with towels etc to stop heat from sun

Polish/glaze, Meguiars ultimate.

wax, Meguiars ultimate, build up 3 or more layers over couple days.

1987ac514948e1a383ce9fdf64dab436.jpg0c3645eb4b506e9f569f3e7e5c4e277e.jpg

Widetrack [emoji3]

• Like 1

To avoid ruining your paintwork, with your first attempts with a da polisher, offer to polish someone else's car first, so as to get some practice in! Make sure they are not bigger than you, and don't have bigger mates, before you start.