project blue

aucky

well so here we are again,project thread,my car is a 08 wrx hatchback.

mods on car so far

VF52 turbo

RCM340 fuel pump

front mount intercooler

AEM cold air intake

GFB responce bov

perrin short shifter

longlife full 3inch decat exhaust

tien lowering springs.

so the dark cold days of winter are coming so its nearly time to  shut the garage door if i had 1 lol and get the spanners out,couple things i want to change on the car are

thinking about changing the front mount intercooler for a big grimmspeed top mount or a prosses west verticooler.

would like to change lowering springs to some coils as car still sits with nose up a bit.

looking for some brembos front and rear if i can find some from a hatch sti.

done couple things to car since i got it,so far i have colour coded the mirrored panel between rear lights and de wipered the rear and fitted my prosport boost gauge,so thats it so far,here my car :rolleyes:

front.jpgback.jpgengine bay now.jpgdewiper ass.jpg20160922_180946.jpg

@xander or8 mate dint think i had seen you on for a while.yeah the vf52 makes car a diffrent animal,give it a nice punch of power when needed but still average about 26mile to gallon.this front mount will probly be for sale when i decided what to change it for.

@Jay48 yeah the tien spring dont really feel any diffrent from the stock 1's just drops car down a bit so car still a bit 2 soft and rolly so coils will be much better.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

@aucky definitely look into BC coilovers. I did quite a bit of research before I got them and rate them pretty highly. Teins was too low for my liking and handling was shocking. Having fun now :biggrin:.    Brakes wise I went with mtec discs which was a good price with yellow stuff pads all round. Changed the brake fluid to motal dot 4 and brake lines. Enough stopping power for what I need. Mines is currently stock performance with k&n panel filter. Looking for performance parts. Was looking into long life exhaust in Stockport. Would you recommend? Also who would you recommend for remap?  What other performance parts would you recommend? Looking to get 270-280bhp. Any help would be great as you don't see many posts with wrx hatch mods and came across yourself. Thanks 

@aucky definitely look into BC coilovers. I did quite a bit of research before I got them and rate them pretty highly. Teins was too low for my liking and handling was shocking. Having fun now biggrin.png.    Brakes wise I went with mtec discs which was a good price with yellow stuff pads all round. Changed the brake fluid to motal dot 4 and brake lines. Enough stopping power for what I need. Mines is currently stock performance with k&n panel filter. Looking for performance parts. Was looking into long life exhaust in Stockport. Would you recommend? Also who would you recommend for remap?  What other performance parts would you recommend? Looking to get 270-280bhp. Any help would be great as you don't see many posts with wrx hatch mods and came across yourself. Thanks 

For the power 270-280 you just need an exhaust and a remap.

I went for a 3 inch turbo back with sports cat and race dynamix for remap got 270hp and if you have a full de-cat can get 275hp.

I also went for a light flywheel so I lose less power so not sure what the car really makes but it's at least 270 with a big increase in torque as well.

Xander

7 hours ago, Xander said:

Cool well let me know if your selling it. Might be interested. Still got to decide what I an doing but think fmic is something I what. How come your going back top mount?

its just for the looks mainly mate,had a couple subarus with front mounts and allways liked them,but want a change,something diffrent to look at in engine bay,i follow a guy from america with a 400bhp wrx hatch with the verticooler on and i like the look of it and no its up to what i need,only down side is i can only find the grimmspeed or verticooler in usa which means inporting it,so undecided as of yet what to do.

7 hours ago, Jay84 said:

@aucky definitely look into BC coilovers. I did quite a bit of research before I got them and rate them pretty highly. Teins was too low for my liking and handling was shocking. Having fun now :biggrin:.    Brakes wise I went with mtec discs which was a good price with yellow stuff pads all round. Changed the brake fluid to motal dot 4 and brake lines. Enough stopping power for what I need. Mines is currently stock performance with k&n panel filter. Looking for performance parts. Was looking into long life exhaust in Stockport. Would you recommend? Also who would you recommend for remap?  What other performance parts would you recommend? Looking to get 270-280bhp. Any help would be great as you don't see many posts with wrx hatch mods and came across yourself. Thanks 

Jay the longlife exhaust is ok but guess it depends on what your after noise wise,it has a fairly quiet noise to it when driving steady and a nice growl when you get right foot heavy.i think most people say the td04 turbo is at its limit at around 270bhp but dont quote me on that,lots people on here with more noledge with the turbo then me will give you info on that,personally i would say if you can afford it then get a bigger turbo,i had a 07 wrx hatch before with tdo4 standard (i have a build thread on here for that as well if you wana check it out) but this bigger turbo transforms the car,guess the remap helps that as well,this is 320bhp at the minute,but looking to get it a bit higher other winter.it was remap't by tuning developments in warrington. here's a link to their web site

http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/

if you still have standard intercooler i would look into changing that as its not best intercooler on these,tiny thin thing and the end caps can leak with being plastic,i would keep the panel filter its better then the induction kit,their more for people who want the look of them and extra noise,but if you fit a front mount cooler then you have to have 1 as airbox has to come out to run pipeing.,change exhaust,decat it or sport cat,and build car up as you go from their.mine decated so sould be fun when mot comes around again :unsure:

and here's my graph

graff 08 wrx.jpg

I will have a proper look when i go in house am laid under car at minute.as far as i no the top is hp before the remap and below is after the map,i think i have another garaph for torque as well.

6 minutes ago, aucky said:

I will have a proper look when i go in house am laid under car at minute.as far as i no the top is hp before the remap and below is after the map,i think i have another garaph for torque as well.

Thats dedication updating the forum from under the car.

• Like 1

Thats dedication updating the forum from under the car.

Yep just takes allday to do a hour job though [emoji3]

• Like 1

ok bad light stops play,so these are the 2 graphs i got with car,so if anyone can explain what their for either flywheel or wheel hp or torque,but hopefully will get new graphs over winter,been talkin to a guy i follow on youtube about his car mods and hope to get bit more power out of mine as you can never have to much power :tongue:

graff 08 wrx.jpggraph 2.jpg

Just looked closer at the graph so the power shown is fly wheel. The bottom line from the start is hp and the other is torque again at the flywheel.

The other graph is afr and manifold pressure.

I think that's right anyway.

10 minutes ago, Xander said:

Just looked closer at the graph so the power shown is fly wheel. The bottom line from the start is hp and the other is torque again at the flywheel.

The other graph is afr and manifold pressure.

I think that's right anyway.

the lines make more sense now,cheers mate :thumbs_up:

No worries. Want a VF52 for mine now good to see it can handle the power as well.

Yeah think the mapper did a good job as it still averages 26.7mpg when drove sensible and is like a standard car.when you put foot down its a diffrent car,plenty power in any gear from any speed,so am well happy with it [emoji3]

• Like 1