2017 STI in the house

muziqaz

Ok, done the oil change. My own oil was not an issue with mechanic. Told him where it is in the car when giving away the keys and no questions asked.

Took them an hour or so to change oil and filter. They also swapped gasket sump and done full documented vehicle health check. And washed the car inside out, which made no difference since afterwards I done couple park runs, drove in some muddy roads, so car is filthy again :D

Either way, done few runs to see how is boost doing. Seems the car now boosts to 1.13bars instead of 1.10 with previous oil. Traction control was still on, as weather is not pleasing here.

Had a little encounter with Evo 7 which by the sound of it fully built motor, and was pushing some insane numbers, so neither my rumbling nor performance was any match to it. He even slowed down at certain stretch to show off his beast :D Joys everywhere.

Talked to owner of the dealership, he still looking for anyone to buy brand new 2017 STI in blue. Its not test driving car. Several miles on the clock. He was also mentioning prices going up from next year. So if anyone wants brand spanking new unmolested blue STI, give a call to Kingsham Subaru, as for Keith and tell them Tomas sent you :P :D

Now a short question:

I am looking into getting HKS/Perrin air intake panel filter. Do I need to fiddle with tunes for it, or it shouldn't matter? I remember when I got panel filter for scirocco, nothing was needed, car ran great without anything extra. Is it the same with Subarus?

I know that if you put more aggressive filter (cone/mushroom shape) car needs specific tune to adjust for more airflow. So these types of filters are out of the question as they need tune, and tunes void warranty :) So I'm just looking into simple panel filter and hoping I don't need to do anything more serious.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, seems I left out some photos before I left for holiday ;)

IMG_20161214_091950

This one is to shut everyone around me asking how much it drinks :D

IMG_20161215_103211IMG_20161215_103156~2

This is from short trip to Battersea Park.

IMG_20161217_083828

Ready for the trip to airport ;)

IMG_20161217_101412IMG_20161217_101404

And this is how it looks all covered. Super fitment ;) coveryourcar done an amazing job :)

Am very confident it will protect my car for 3 weeks from any angry birds or any tree crap.

So for this year I'm signing off guys and girls. Have a wonderful holidays and see you next year. A lot coming ;)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Happy new year everyone ;)

Some upgrades

Also will be getting HT Autos diffuser with bottom line body kit. Also tried contacting certain people in regards to some carbon fiber "I" badges for front and back, without success. They do look awesome. Trying to talk to billetworkz about some custom SI Drive knob and shift knob.

Found out that shifter stops are only for WRXs. So does it mean that STIs have shift stops already? I'll need to rip some stuff apart.

Oh, and subispeed confirmed to me that their tail lights are not compatible with UK STIs :( Some additional wiring would need to be done. And LEDs in those lights are integrated, so if one goes off the whole light needs changing I think, they do offer 1 years warranty, but LEDs usually go out beyond that period. 

Talking about integrated LEDs, guys with 2015+ STI, how are you going to change brake lights? :D Those are LED based as well and are integrated. Internet is awfully quiet about it :) Reverse, blinker bulbs are usual bulbs, but night lights and brake lights are LEDs, same as brake light in the rare window.

Also still love various reactions to my car from others :D :D Yesterday saw one guy behind me showing to his wife that my rare wing is for downforce. His hand gestures gave his thoughts away very quickly :D :D

• Like 1

Here is the story :D

The order has been refused by my nanny bank. Since I tried paying with paypal, bank refusals did not go through to me. So I tried several times. 1st time it showed it went through, thus my screenshot in this thread. Good thing I was checking something else in Subispeed website in my account and noticed that all my items which I thought I already ordered are still in the frikkin basket. So I checked everything and there was no evidence that order went through: Subispeed did not list the order at all, paypal did not have anything in their history, bank did not have anything, no email confirmation. So I tried directly through debit card and I was told off. I asked Subispeed, if they have some sort of policy against cards which have 2 months left till expiry, and they said no, and by that time I ordered items with my credit card( I wanted the stuff very much :D :D ). They said no. And then I noticed lovely SMSs from my bank saying that my recent order needs confirmation and was refused and bank card has been blocked for some reason. So today I confirmed to them idiots that it was me who tried to spend money, and they unlocked the card, and I so hope that the orders which got refused won't show up in subispeed and I won't end up with 3-4 exhausts :D :D

In the end, I have to say: subispeed customer service is top notch, guys answer everything you ask them.

And to top that, today I booked full access to festival of speed this summer. hey, if I go !Removed!, I go full !Removed! :D Hopefully my boss will let me go for holiday during that week :D

43 minutes ago, dgarside said:

a2b12fbd99751347c04c2d7ea8015315.jpg

Full HT Auto kit incase you want to see what it looks like ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks awesome. I haven't ordered mine yet, ran out of money, but will order next week for sure. Though mine will be a bit customized with certain bits and pieces from my own imagination ;) I was just wondering, how easy is it to put it on? is there any drilling needed? I heard at least for the front lip there is no drilling needed ;)

Also different rims than mine :) looks strange :) Still epic by the way :)

44 minutes ago, dgarside said:

BTW I'd be really interested to hear how the New exhaust sounds as I'm really tempted to get a new one for mine, way too quiet at the moment.

I am looking for some good weather to film stock exhaust acceleration as did with Scirocco(worked out really well). I will have a video comparing two together.

The only thing I am worried about is my neighbors, but maybe they won't notice :D

By the way among plethora of WRX videos with ETS exhaust(with mufflers) there are couple of videos with STIs ;)

50 minutes ago, dgarside said:

Also I noticed your rear and front side windows are similar tint. Did you have your front ones done, or am I tripping? Mine has tint at the back from factory. I would love to do front ones, but have no clue about legal side of things and how the tint vinyl is being applied, from inside or outside. If outside, that is no go for me, as it would be scratched in not time due to dusty conditions at work parking lot.

a2b12fbd99751347c04c2d7ea8015315.jpg

Looks awesome. I haven't ordered mine yet, ran out of money, but will order next week for sure. Though mine will be a bit customized with certain bits and pieces from my own imagination ;) I was just wondering, how easy is it to put it on? is there any drilling needed? I heard at least for the front lip there is no drilling needed ;)

Also different rims than mine :) looks strange :) Still epic by the way :)

I have the standard rims as well, those are some forged lightweight STi alloys I had fully refurbed in a similar gunmetal grey satin finish. I use them mainly for summer and the odd planned track day.

Unfortunately I didn't fit the kit but have had the sides and some of the front off and it seemed really easy. The tears seem to use standard holes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also I noticed your rear and front side windows are similar tint. Did you have your front ones done, or am I tripping? Mine has tint at the back from factory. I would love to do front ones, but have no clue about legal side of things and how the tint vinyl is being applied, from inside or outside. If outside, that is no go for me, as it would be scratched in not time due to dusty conditions at work parking lot.

The tint is standard and just the sun light which makes the fronts look tinted [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So it did not take long. :(

Some young lad in MK1 Scirocco probably was trying to show off or something. Speed wasn't great and his car is light. Anyone know how to fix that clear coat crack in the second photo? :) Just zoom in for better quality. The first photo scratches I have no issues, I will sort it out myself, but the second one bothers me.

But on the side note: FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

IMG_20170124_080014.jpg

IMG_20170124_105337.jpg

On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 10:58 AM, muziqaz said:

I heard at least for the front lip there is no drilling needed ;)

When I bought mine new, the dealer removed the front lip which was fitted while it was on display in the showroom. Didn't want to pay the extra NZ$1500 for it.

When I collected the car, I noticed a hole on the lower inside facing edge of the bumper. Dealer said it was from the lower lip fifment. I obviously wasn't happy with the drilled hole so they worked a deal where they gave me the lip for 1/3 retail.

Dealer refitted which took a couple of hours as the under tray needs to be dropped down. So drilling us required.

I don't have an answer to your question Muziqaz. But FFS....what's the matter with people. Was he blind or something ? 

You just can't leave your pride & joy anywhere without the risk of someone smacking it.

52 minutes ago, Daz-RSK said:

I don't have an answer to your question Muziqaz. But FFS....what's the matter with people. Was he blind or something ? 

You just can't leave your pride & joy anywhere without the risk of someone smacking it.

Yes, this is what is bothering me. That's the reason I don't buy a bike, as I know for the fact I would be crashed into several times at least.

When I'm driving my attention is fully to the road and surroundings. The phone is tucked in my trouser pocket no distractions. And I'm even being overly cautious with whoever is behind me. Always making sure I am not doing anything sudden, always giving them time to react. And both accidents I had in UK was in stopped traffic at low speeds and both said that accelerator jammed. I did believe that when I was hit my Prius, but Scirocco excuse does not fly. His foot probably slipped from clutch or something. 

But these days you have more chance being hit by others than you hitting someone. And for some reason we, Impreza drivers, are being called immature yobs.

Taking about the cracked paint I will talk to my dealer to see what he has to say and if it comes to changing back bumper I have no issues, as it is not that expensive.

On the other note: booked hotel in Portsmouth for festival of speed. Epic prices and epic fail from my part to being late on booking hotel for festival half a year in advance :D I cried inside a bit paying double the price for a room :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...