2017 STI in the house

muziqaz

No wheelnuts today, since I'm still waiting for painters tape for protection :D And we have abandoned car next to my drive way, which seems like it has been abandoned but its registered and has MOT and taxed till july :( So I can't park close to my house. But I managed to fix the belt cover :D

2017-02-05_01-23-28

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice can't wait to hear the comparison. I need to find an exhaust which I can commute up and down the motorway without any drone, but still sounds good when you get on it 🤣

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, dgarside said:

Nice can't wait to hear the comparison. I need to find an exhaust which I can commute up and down the motorway without any drone, but still sounds good when you get on it 🤣

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:devil: Its on:eek:

If anyone wants to here it live, I will be attending Surrey Scoobies meet March 12th 1PM, Sunday in Cobham (if its still on, need to double check). I can honestly say, yesterday I was shaking and shocked at how much louder than I thought it is :D

The comparison will be filmed with cold start only. As stock exhaust was only filmed at cold start. But obviously I will record some driving inside and outside on ETS exhaust. Just need a good weather. Let me tell you guys, before I could here all the bits and pieces from the front, like intake, turbo spooling up and other mechanical things, now anything above 1k rpm, I cannot here nothing, just see people staring at me :D Before it was attention seeker, but now 100% of people are looking my way :D

and poor neighbours

4 minutes ago, JohnM said:

How are you sound proofing it? Where are you buying the stuff from?

I buy everything from subispeed.com

and soundproofing:

Its not soundproofing exactly, but it removes vibration out of the metal. adds a bit of weight, but I already lost some weight by swapping exhausts ;)

• 4 weeks later...

So, yeah, I'm back :)

first:

hit 1.19 bars of boost:

2017-04-12_08-43-00

Still not flat out :D

And this: before

IMG_20170326_145629

And after:

IMG_20170326_154720

Then there was this adventure:

IMG_20170402_133645IMG_20170402_151803Point Blur_Apr022017_195835

And more quality exhaust picture:

IMG_20170401_130641

Other than that: smiles per gallon every second of the day :)

Looking good chap!:thumbsup: the STI badge looks so much better - much more premium.

Are you in discussion with Japan ? :biggrin:Just wondered whether they should take on board some of your mods.:thumbsup:

Edit: Does the front bumper come off with ease. Looks quite a handful, given its size.

1 minute ago, Daz-RSK said:

Looking good chap!:thumbsup: the STI badge looks so much better - much more premium.

Are you in discussion with Japan ? :biggrin:Just wondered whether they should take on board some of your mods.:thumbsup:

Thanks, to be honest that badge is of bad quality, but still looks much much better. Too bad we live in the world where bling bling sells :( So they chrome/silver everything.

1 hour ago, Daz-RSK said:

Edit: Does the front bumper come off with ease. Looks quite a handful, given its size.

Don't know about muziqaz, but when I did my Hella's it was pretty straightforward.

There's some excellent YouTube vids on how to do it.

20170408_122109.thumb.jpg.b7e016e95da1f0063a56df3e8142f4e7.jpg

And I agree, too much bling everywhere, I've de-badged the back and de-chromed the sides too.

20170406_194121.thumb.jpg.ff4b976b0e4e252a57e111ee0be77e47.jpg

20170408_142325.thumb.jpg.ba42f7d5d98bb4bdf23b991de06225a7.jpg

Bumper is easy. Just have something soft to put it on once removed and have someone help you out to remove, as once everything is unhooked you have front lights spray pipes connected as well, fog light cables too. To put it back is easy on your own.

And yeah, check out subispeed video where they talk about JDM grill. They will tell you every position and amount of bolts/screws/clips that you don't miss any.

@Pixyflash looking good all the little touches :)

So this weekend activities included fitting front lip from HT Autos. Swapping back to original lug nuts, checking brakes (they make this squeaky nose when pressed, and when sometimes clicking noise), also removing heat shields between mufflers and car structure, since they are not needed anymore, as my ETS exhaust has miniature mufflers, which are nowhere near the car body. Heat shields were pure aluminium, which added to vibration noise. It was extremely entertaining to watch rear wheel lifting when front of the car was jacked up :D

Oh and I leveled out the exhaust tips, as right hand side was sagging a bit. Hose clamps came to the rescue.

IMG_20170417_155159IMG_20170416_150520IMG_20170417_155149

I fitted my ht autos front lip last week or the week before. The 3 bolts along the front edge of the bumper were a c*nt to get my fingers into to get the washer and nut on lol. 

Do you have an image of the hose clamp on the exhaust? I was thinking about doing that but i'd like to find a better way to achieve the same thing

15 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I fitted my ht autos front lip last week or the week before. The 3 bolts along the front edge of the bumper were a c*nt to get my fingers into to get the washer and nut on lol. 

Do you have an image of the hose clamp on the exhaust? I was thinking about doing that but i'd like to find a better way to achieve the same thing

Yeah front bolts were a bit of pain. I also needed to buy two extra bolts for the sides as well, because those plastic clips were not holding the lip at all ;)

Regarding exhaust:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00Y7A177O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

or

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LOPWDMC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok, so I'm back. Can you tell its summer? :D

Yeah, ok, before any changes to my car, need to offload some awesomeness that it was FOS in Goodwood :)

Here is Subaru related photos: https://www.flickr.com/gp/131503886@N07/i1262d

And here is the rest of the photos: https://www.flickr.com/gp/131503886@N07/5X5kik

The even was kick a***, well worth the new mortgage for hotel tickets and event tickets and food and petrol :D

I will come back with some more posts about what was happening while I was gone ;)

So first off, got myself jet wash and all that snowfoam thingy. Problem with that is need dry cool weather without the sun in order to get easy wash, otherwise it dries out before I even finish flushing away one side of the car, and once that waxy foam dries out, it is extremely hard to get those watermarks out. So yeah.

IMG_20170610_125614

Got myself new floormatts, not STI marked byt look nice, just don't fit perfectly, so need to find some floormatt clips to keep them in place:

IMG_20170616_074548IMG_20170616_074519

Had a bit of sound proofing, vibration reduction done. I do feel the difference in sound now :)

IMG_20170617_161447

Had my little project finally added, rear diffuser:

IMG_20170617_161456

Still needs a bit of adjustment, being a bit lazy here. maybe next weekend :D

And now for some recommendation for Subaru guys:

KROWN rust protection.KROWN rust protection.KROWN rust protection.

Treated my car for underside rust proofing. I would highly recommend to everyone in Subarus, old or brand new. Older ones will get more life out of the Subaru metal underneath, new ones will get protection from rust altogether. Their application penetrates everything underneath, so everything is lubricated and does not let any moisture get to the metal. Well worth it. I got just underside treatment which comes up to ~£130. They give you certificate and warranty for 2 years, so if anything is swapped within those 2 years, they will treat that new part free of charge. Application lasts around 2 years, repels all the nasty salt and other winter crap. After 2 years you can do the treatment again. In my opinion for Subaru owners its no brainer and well worth it. They also offer full body treatment, which again can be life saver to older subaru owners ;) They are small company, two lads, when I arrived they demonstrated their methods on their own car, which was half treated half not, and difference is day and night. They are based near Birmingham, treatment is done in 1.5 hours or so. I really really recommend to check them out. KROWN Rust Protection. https://www.facebook.com/krownuk/

I am not affiliated with them in any way, just looking out for small company which provides good service and is very relevant to Subaru :) You can see from second picture how my underside looks like. It stays like that as long as warranty is lasting, no amount of jetwashing removes it, they tried it with pressure washer, nothing happened. Water just dripped off like from the goose :)

So yeah, that's me in a nutshell during my absence :D

• Like 1