My Newest & 3rd Scoob. This is a keeper!

mfnick

So got my new SC36 turbo, Alcatek ECU and new fuel pump fitted at Richard Henry over weekend. Decided to give Andy Carr a go a mapping. Very happy, runs sweet as !Removed!!!! Not sure of the figure because he did it on the road, no rolling road facility at Richard Henry's. but I can say my !Removed! Dyno says it's fast as hell. And very smooth and responsive. Got some sweet new switches for maps and anti lag too - which sounds unbelievable!!! Just need some bigger injectors and another tweak since they're all that's holding it back at the moment. But for now, it's amazing.

Got to say a big thanks to the Richard Henry guys and Andy Carr for staying late too. On the way home the coolant hose to the turbo split, big plume of steam/smoke came out of the engine bay. Absolutely shitted it. Nursed it back and they stayed late to change the hose for a silicone one they had spare and give it another check over. Top lads :)

Another couple of pics just because haha

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1476952138.435667.jpg

7677ec010d112a976cb9c6da3eb9eee7.jpg

Got loads of comments how clean the car is in general and how they don't see many like this anymore too :)

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Long time no speak. Hope everyone’s good!

Been mega busy, even to point Scooby  just hasn’t had much done or even been out much. Still got her though, done a couple of little bits.

One of which I took her to Krown Rustproofing for a general condition checkover and the full rustproofing treatment. They mentioned how good condition it’s in, especially for a 90’s Scoob and gave it a 0 rust rating 😊👍

Finally got hold of some Brembos too, something that’s defo needed updating. Got them refurbed where necessary and sprayed black while off the car. Got some discs and pads and getting these bad boys fitted in morning. Can’t wait!! 😊 Not looking forward to bedding in process though! Hate doing that. 

7C6F160F-B37F-4B0A-9A79-A8B065B4C2F4.jpeg

9B002DF9-F8C0-478F-A637-F5C316985DDF.jpeg

AE613EEF-75E1-42FE-BBF0-5269929F010D.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

86dec636c5ac2579b0751f71abdc9c11.jpg&key=3de4e08abfff6a5fb1454bcb12538532b8a755175dcf081c6b9afe5ef0de1aaa

Finally got them fitted! Well happy. Already feel loads better. Can’t wait until they’re bedded in and can use them properly.

Excuse the messy wheels, that was just after fitting. Need to clean!

Had to use 5mm spacers for wheels to fit. Hear loads of stuff regarding using spacers, some say they’re fine others say they’ll basically snap my studs off in days. Anyone here had any experience? Any thoughts?

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

On 7/15/2018 at 12:36 PM, mfnick said:

Had to use 5mm spacers for wheels to fit. Hear loads of stuff regarding using spacers, some say they’re fine others say they’ll basically snap my studs off in days. Anyone here had any experience? Any thoughts?

I've had 15mm Direnza hubcentric wheel spacers on for around 12 months now, haven't had any problems or felt any significant change in handling. 

My service and mot are due early Sept, I'll let you know if there's any issues or wear problems.  

She's been treated pretty roughly too!  😋

• Like 1

Good to hear. My only concern is that I don’t believe you can get 5mm hubcentric ones as they’re too small (I’ve looked high and low for some, even emailed eibach) Meaning the weight is on the studs alone, none on the spigot. Whereas the hubcentric ones effectively extend the spigot spreading the weight a Little better. But I’ve read loads of people say they’ve never had a problem with them on for years even and on track. So must be ok for my fast road use.

Seems to just be people who’ve never used them saying they’re bad just based on their own theories.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update as per my space saver thread for anyone whose read this and also wondered about spacers.

I rang Carnetix a bit back (a very highly thought of handling/set up company) and they’ve confirmed 5mm spacers are nothing really. Don’t need any at back (unless chasing milliseconds on lap times) and no need for set up tweak at that size.
Also confirmed studs will be fine (known from cars they’ve worked on for years with them) and as long as there’s at least 4 turns on the nuts, all’s good.
Put my mind at ease a bit :).
Just put in my new newage STi space saver too, perfect fit in a classic :)

18 minutes ago, mfnick said:

Have to arrange a meet or go to a show mate. Want to see your new one too, looks mega.

too right - sounds like a plan

Had a little issue with my intercooler pipe rubbing on the bonnet. Went to a place called Custom Pipes in Doncaster who did a brill job fabricating one to fit in the very tight space at RHS of the engine so it no longer rubs. Well impressed with their work.
ebb464ae6f67a05e5a3ede1ef6bc648c.jpg

f8a7f4b981667dacbc4b37fe9ebef47c.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Recently went and got a winter protection detail done. Car looks mega afterwards and paintwork feels like silk. Should help keep winter grime off and repel any salt for the odd time I take it out. Well happy, not bad for a old un :)
697638d6e2e33a0254097a07d3c31944.jpgfd72baad8cf06e99141337a59c5695e3.jpgc083a93694666351874ed73aee0d7486.jpg