Subaru Newbie Turbo 2000

Ash007ks

Booked in for my STI top mount fitting, as its a complete ball ache, 4 new brakes and pads, Full Exhaust system and general health check before the big Day, Ive decided for the moment to get it live mapped on the road, so no graphs, hoping however it makes a nice 330-360bhp which will be a nice increase of 100 bhp or 100% :) ( simple maths i can do ) after this its time to sit back and enjoy it and let my funds build back up, as ive promised the Mrs a holiday :s

• 2 weeks later...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1040 Miles BOOM

Speedo resets itself after a 1000 miles so im now showing just 40 miles :)

3 port boost solenoid will be fitted shortly on mapping day to give JGM a little bit more to play with.

Car is booked in Monday to finally fit my Newage STI cooler and change oil for the last time for 5k lol 10-50 is going in.

only gone above 2.5k 3 times and twice where on a roundabout, hard to keep speed up on a large roundabout.

Withstood, multiple Boy racers that have tried to bait me and even beat some on Country roads, think its more down to me knowing the roads though haha.

The new exhaust has bedded in and is alot louder so its all good, counting down till the 11th now so i can have some boost back in my life.

Defo going to find me a boy racer in a VXR

• Like 2

narr the vxr is alot heavier than a classic! my mrs has the sporthatch 1.6 and thats heavy!! , On my prodrive ECU (250hp ish) i could keep up with a highly tuned VXR

Be good see what figures you get on the good ole top mount and VF35 mate, Im going 35 + meth ! Looking at a 1.4bar map max. and hitting mid 300s which my first scoob was and was a handfull

brakes i always recommend a godspeed set up, They are fantastic with braided lines and a stopper installed!

Didnt end up with the 35 matt, ended up with the VF30 less overall lag and bit more umph, i m going Meth but been advised to do a few more miles first :/

If i cant keep up with a VXR with 4wd and more power ill hand my keys over lol.

New STI top mount fitted has been boxed for 6 months and found it has the most hideous green STI stencil on it ever, however i got chance to fit my new HKS SSQV and have still managed to keep my strut brace.

Millers 10 50 has gone in now as well.

10 days and counting :)

well mine should be 330+ and weighs around 1200. So thats 283.3 BHP/Tonne

The VXR8 Brahurst is 565 Bhp and weighs 1835 kg, so thats 307 BHP/Tonne

However thats the top of the line one, its also Rear wheel drive and only manages 60 in 4.9 secs which is Brochure figures so more mid 5's, Mine is 4wd so i reckon id give it a shot. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The day hath Arived and you shall all be shaaaved .... I mean saved.

Well the day has come to a close and all i can say is wow.

1366 miles at 2.5k has taken the most upmost patience but it has been totally worth it, 8 months of solid saving and been skint.

well im bored and no one cares soooo

power

328bhp/290Lb Torque on Vpower

350BHP/315 Lb torque On 20% Meth

Now at the start of the day i was told my turbo would be lucky to get over the 310 mark due to the rollers always showing the car down on power usually 15bhp + out, So the figures really do speak for themselves, all i can Say is a massive thankyou to Martin at Sheffield Subaru Services for the help all the way through the build.

For anyone thinking of going aftermarket ECU, for the money Alcatek is awsome, i have 2 Fuel maps that are switchable, Launch Control and ANTI lag ( non aggressive )

The car responds amazing and the power is remarkable,it  straight pins you back into the seat before rocketing off to license taking speeds. Ill get a video up of the anti lag and an in car run.

DSC_00271-1.jpg

DSC_00301.jpg

http://vid305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/AshCorsaC/MOV_00283.mp4

Anti lag Video.

IMG-20140901-WA00121.jpg

• Like 1

It's mental mate, Simon said it's very rare for the vf30 to get that much power, but it's down to the Compression my engine makes and it seems to love methanol lol :) my mpg seems to have suffered since the 2.5k is no longer a factor.

But my new graph of smiles to mpg is great haha.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Little bit more done today for the first time in ages :)

Stripped out the old turbo 2000 headlights, spent half an hour the cleaning the sticky Bitumen tape off that subaru put on and then silicone on the other side that some clown before me had done.

I had ordered some bitumen flashing tape, Exactly what is used to waterproof your roofs etc, this was then warmed and stuck the whole way around the hole of the lights and then folded in, to stop any pesky water getting in and ruining my boot.

New boot seal was also fitted as some local ducks had decided to move in.

Thats it for now however i have purchased a Vortex exhaust, Alloy anti lift kit and Coilovers which should be fitted next month all being well :)

heres the before and afters.

IMG_12141748442811.jpegDSC_01681.jpg

DSC_01701.jpg

and some pic from the last meet.

DSC_01461.jpg

DSC_01421.jpg

DSC_01411.jpg

DSC_01401.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Day before shes due to go in for the new afterburner raptor and disaster.

Looks like while it has been sat offroad the alternator has packed in, which should be a laugh trying to get in down to martins tomorrow to fit the exhaust and the replacement alternator, if anyojne didnt know the alternators have a special chip in them which stop them charging while booting it, this is to give it extra power, so if you havent ran it in a while start it up and put the sidelights on as this tricks the alternator into filling up the Battery quicker :)

Hoping it is just an alternator issue as im rapidly falling out of love with it.

Yea, I've heard that's a common problem with the newage engines - which yours has in it if I remember rightly? That's why youll see a lot of bugs and blobs running with side lights on even in bright sunshine. That should be all it is. Like I say, heard of this problem a lot.

Yeah they have to have so much power or something being used as in the side lights or a radio. I have a full PC and screen going so I think that gives it all the power it need's. You sure it's not just the Battery. I know the blobeye in the garage if it's left for 3 or 4 days just with the alarm it's a **** to start needs the Battery charging a bit.