Subaru Newbie Turbo 2000

Ash007ks

i realized i never updated my results after the visit.

who ever set up glens car at scooby clinic had change the ride height using preload, this will adjust the height but make the weight shift different all over the car. 6 .3hrs later with the height going up and down constantly so that it didnt scrub, and i was left with what only looked good but was great at cornering. To achieve maximum grip on the fast country roads, i opted for slight negative camber. -1.4 on the front to be exact, also some toe in on all the wheels was done to compensate this. the car now cruises road fast roads and my MPG has gone up :) all in all it was a good experience and due to the owners been the mechanics as part of an old Subaru rally team they certainly knew what they was doing, however the price was alot more than i was quoted :( £120 i was told, but due to them taking so long they told me they had to put a discounted labour charge on, so it came to £180 all in.

In this space ive also had fitted full alloy drop links , i cannot report back the difference as it was at the same time as I had the Race Logics fitted, the ride is stiff and slightly bumpy ( turns out i have track springs fitted) other than that its all good.

Due to the new 3" Raptor being fitted, my car is slightly grey smoking on booting ( running rich) as such ive booked in again at Area 52 to have a retune where im told the drop or increase in back pressure has caused this, due to the difference im told i could end up with even more power on both pump and meth, but we will see on the front.

Second 12" fan fitted to the car and wired in to help cool during traffic, for all that don't know the lad who had it before wired the fan to the front on the radiator to create loads of space inside the engine bay, now this setup works great when your driving along as it sucks the air in, however in traffic it is its downfall, ive noticed being sat in traffic my oil temps where increasing to around 100c, i know have fitted the new fan on the inside of the engine bay, this now creates a in and out vacuum, and oil temps are staying around 87 - 94 depending on the heat outside and driving styles.

some more pics to follow  :)

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

http://vid305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/AshCorsaC/VID-20150511-WA00002.mp4

http://vid305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/AshCorsaC/Snapchat-6278866211754529281.mp4

Well a very long day all in all, had a nightmare trying to get the ECU unlocked by Alacatek, basically each mapper locks the ECU to there particular dongle, this is pretty much to stop you going elsewhere, and as im sure everyone is aware JGM mapped mine. once a bypass code was eventually written it was onto testing the car. first pull and it showed the fuelling was slightly out due to the Change of exhaust ( apparently not a big problem unless your using a standalone like alcatek,simtek, syveccs etc) next couple of pulls looked really promising showing increase of BHP and torque. as it was a cold September day when i had the pull the figures where adjusted to match the temperature that we had there to show a fair comparison.

Figures are now 340bhp-320ft on pump

370bhp and 340ft on meth.

The figures have been achieved by now running 1.45bar of boost, injectors still have plenty of go in them but im on the max of my turbo as anymore and it was getting slight boost creep :( the anti lag now sounds brutal, and ever gear change now has loud crackles and pops in between, and of course pops and bangs mapped in to the accelerator :) not that i need them anymore.£180 and 6hrs down, i would hate to find out how much time ive invested in this car :)

Yeah I'm running a full standalone ecu, they may have mapped it onto your accelerator pedal, press it to the point it doesn't make you move forward, that opens the injectors slightly for pops and bangs.

That's how mine was set up originally, but now it's just plain hooligan and does what it what's pops wise lol

Or could be mapped to clutch pedal and injector cycle open for a fraction longer so extra fuel gets dumped into the bores when clutch depressed. There's a couple of ways of doing it

Clutch one is not a favourable one for mappers, always seems to be the accelerator pedal that gets mapped on, Ecutek can run with pops and bangs as mine was mapped for them before changing over :)

• 4 weeks later...

snow foam, Victoria shampoo, full swirl removal, polish with buffer and then blue haze wax to finish it off. came up well after 4.5 hours of graft, after the meet went out for a drive to the peaks where i took these.

darker%20setting%2049%20of%2066.jpg

darker%20setting%2052%20of%2066.jpg

darker%20setting%2045%20of%2066.jpg

darker%20setting%2053%20of%2066.jpg

darker%20setting%2051%20of%2066.jpg

darker%20setting%2054%20of%2066.jpg

darker%20setting%2062%20of%2066.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

That's not the ones on mine, try subaru dealer, thanks mate, to get that I did

Pre wash with snow foam

Wash with Victoria high gloss shampoo

swirl removal with machine buffer

High gloss Polish with buffer

Blue haze dodo juice wax as a sealant.

About 4 hours work but lasts for ages and makes it easier when doing just a quick wash.

• 7 months later...