Halfords tools Professional Vs Advanced

Jay762

Hi all,

Had a defective vernier caliper branded Halfords Professional - came with a lifetime guarantee at the time of purchase. Went to exchange today and was asked for a receipt - I didnt have one but the lady went off to check.

Long story short they will exchange it for a laser option (no advanced option in the range) which is fair enough.

However I was advised to bring in all my Halfords professional branded tools to get them replaced with Halfords advanced alternatives to maintain the lifetime guarantee asap.

I will be having a rummage through later and replacing whatever I have as advised

• 4 months later...

Really wouldn't bother with that Halfords stuff, better off with likes of toptul premier and picking best of lines from likes of welzh werkzueg, britool halmark ect .
By the rules you do need a receipt and they don't cover moving parts in the terms so can be bother if staff not helpful .
Life warranty generally not worth a lot on basic hand tools, companies drop line or kicking out crap by time you need an exchange .

The laser option I was given has now disintegrated since the original post - plastic parts instead of metal jaws got chewed into very easily and the Battery tray keeps falling out , will now be investing in an alternate make for this tool.

I do feel I need some King !Removed! in my life so looking at their website as they are relatively local to me 😋

Tbh i had a lot of mac and snap on stuff from my apprenticeship and working as a mechanic full time but 20yrs on and i seem to have lost a few lol .

Last year during the black friday halfrauds sale they'd reduced their 300+ pcs advanced tool set and coupled with the s.o.c membership discount card it cost me just over £110 (instead of £320) .

Not as good as some brands but i recently removed, rebuilt and refitted the ej207 in my bug and didn't need to use many of the tools, that wasn't in the new box 😉

• 1 year later...