DAS good ya!

ROSSCOSM

Not sure how many of you follow F1 but I find this interesting. I reckon its mainly been designed for tyre life. Could be interesting in the future to see where this goes they could end up using there steering wheel like a jets joystick (dont know what its actually called on a jet ๐Ÿ˜‚)

• Like 2

I follow the f1 aswell and like you i find the das system very interesting, from what i've seen about it it will help with tyre wear but also they reckon it'lย bring up the tyre temp faster and more even across the tyre rather than heating it from the inside shoulder and it should help aerodynamic flow on the straights as they can run the wheels straight ahead instead of having toe out, what gets me is that they are going to ban it from next season, surely the fia should let it run and let other teams come out with their version of it coz after all it is supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsport and alot of the technology makes it down to the road cars we drive everyday ( i'm not saying this development will eventually make it to the road though) and from next season they are going to be standardizing alot of parts the cars use anyway so why not make this system standardised aswell, i read an interview with Dr helmet head from red bull and they reckon it'l give the mercs a 3tenths advantage at some of the tracks with long straights so if thats true why not let every team integrate the system to their cars for next season ๐Ÿ‘

Clever stuff but I don't think it is a deal breaker like the equivalent of DRS but will give them the advantages above. Maybe give them an extra lap or two during a stint which could work out to be a big advantage. Only seen them use it on the straights so far, interesting to see how easy it is to use in certain corners.ย What it does tell the other teams and the world is Merc are still pushing the boundaries even though they are currently still the kings of F1. It's an old problem really as all F1 cars run with toe out on front, scrubbing slightly down the straights (and aero footprint)ย and Merc's solution is quite basic as formula 1 goes. I am surprised now I have seen it that it has not been done before. Still most RD goes into the packaging and aero.

I am not surprised by the ban cause the cars are changing a lot in 2021 and it all about driving costs down which I am for. We need the little teams to be able to upset the Apple cart every now and then. There is also the safety aspect of a moving steering column and the drivers ability to do this as well, they have enough to think about.

I think we are in for a good season, Ferrari need to sort there heads out and Redbull look like they will be stronger this season, Honda have bridged the power gap it seems. Lets hope so anyway.

Bottas is proving to us all how good Nico was to actually beat Hamilton. He deserved that championship no matter what the Hamilton Fan boys think, Nico beat him fair and square through pure determination. Shame he could not face it again.

Haha dr helmet head ๐Ÿ˜‚, again its just testing so it may be more advanced than they have shown the other teams faces but ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ข lol. Intresting points from other teams claiming its changing suspension geometry and they say it will take six months to emulate. It is a credit to that team as you say siluro to still be pushing the rest of the teams. I am looking forward to this season ferrari do seam to be holding back more than the merc but a fair amout of understeer in there car. Im seriously considering going to silverstone this year as like yous im still not sure the new regs will really make it better. Cant wait for melbourne now leclerc and verstapen will be intresting to watch this year and mercedes 2 in a pink livery lol