Help im an idiot 🤣

ROSSCOSM

Hi guys i thought id try and replace my inlet pipe today and ive totally screwed up. Feel like crying 😂, i got my old inlet pipe out with great difficulty but i cant get the replacement (oem) back in. Then in the process of trying to force it ive snapped a line coming from a T piece but i dont onow what its for lol. I will most likely take it to a mechanic but of course cant really drive it in this state. Cant seam to upload the picture but its the white t piece thats next to the alternator and its snapped the plastic on the other side.

His it just a t piece that's snapped or a vacuum line "take off" ?

If it a take off on a sensor with wires going to it ,its probably the fuel line purge solenoid. 

If it's just a t piece in some vacuum lines ,replace the t piece with one of the same bore .

If you need to get it moving put some tape round the hole on the t piece if possible to stop it leaking and block any open take offs or use a bolt to plug any open vac lines .

It will probably run well enough to get you too a mechanic, once you've fitted the intake pipe . It's a pig of a job with the inlet manifold still on , so I take the inlet off and replace the gaskets but it can be done. 

Yeah savage its the plastic piece that the hose connects on to. Im not sure it is possible 😂🤣 ill give it another go ill look at the fuel line purge solenoid aswell cause there is a electrical connector going in to it

Yeah you were spot on savage i had another look ive snapped both plastic hose stems off 🤦 doughnut lol might just take the intake off need to look at whats required though before i attempt it again

9566EDB4-C86F-4624-874C-974B4A995D74.png

• Sad 1

Aftermarket intake pipes are normally silicone  ,so a bit eaiser to fit . Most tend to unbolt the purge valve ,from the underside of the inlet and relocate it (cable tie it elsewhere) . This might give you a bit more room when trying to refit the intake 😉

Most breakers will have a purge valve if you need one , you do have to drain the coolant to remove the inlet manifold completely.  

I've only done a few while rebuilding engines and my v1 intake pipework route is different to yours .

Why were you switching back to the oe intake , was the aftermarket intake pipe "mapped in " and could you just refit the silicone one for now 

Yeah when i was looking at it the second time i did think i should have just remover the purge valve 😂 more research needed before i start taking stuff of in future lol. No i had my car mapped with the standard one in but it was ripped ti bits at the turbo so just replacing it with like for like i dont plan any more power mods for this car. Thanks for the comments guys actually feel like i can manage to sort this now 👍 

So i tried squeezing the replacement oem inlet pipe in again this morning and the pcv connector on it snapped 🤦🤦🤦 so I guess ill need to buy a silicone one which i should have just done in the first place so annoyed but cause i use my car to collect supplies for work and now its just sitting any one seen a good used hose for sale dont really have £250+ for a new one

If it's off the same year then it should fit as all classic to at least hawk ,single scroll turbos have the same size intake .

If you ask Jacob at jdm solutions Suffolk,  he'll probably be able to confirm if it fits your version scooby bud 😉

When fitting a aftermarket silicone intake it can cause a bit of "hunting " on idle on a newage . Not definitely but can ,so thought I'd mention it .

I had some viper hoses on my old 3ltr omega engined vectra b and was happy with the quality. 

Otherwise give Alyn @asperformance a bell , he will advise you on the best option ,tell you if it will cause hunting and supply stuff cheaper than most .

Screenshot_20200529-113918_Phone.thumb.jpg.dfb752750b474f51c2731c3b080a0744.jpg