a few pics of my project so far

savage bulldogs

Yeah see it mate I'm sure you must have been ginger in your past life Haha laugh.png Can't remember if got that one. I know you took my Gopro but the only thing you managed to capture was the top part of your loaf laugh.png 

Yeah I got a couple of vids of the 1/4 ,not that they we're worth watching with my crappie driving not doing the scooby justice lol.

As for me and my holiday war wounds ....

I've now got crispy "bingo wings" to go with my random burnt bit of leg with a added side portion of jelly fish sting across the top of my foot [emoji30]

I'm staying in the bar from now on [emoji23]

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 2

Majorca, this year [emoji41]

we tend to alternate between Greek Islands and Spanish resorts each year [emoji6]

Did you see the pics of Mellon knorks and the pu55ay flower seeds I put on f.b ?

They made me grin [emoji1]

And think about taking up gardening [emoji23]

• 2 weeks later...

Back i blighty and after a week or so of work the holiday seems a bit of a distant memory. I had decided to buy a cobra track day 3" cat back in the airport on the way there , to cheer me up when I got back [emoji39]

I used a eBay company that sells genuine cobra systems at discount prices, due to only having polished "boxes" and not pipework. Somehow I ended up being sent a second hand rear section on Wednesday [emoji53] .

They spoke to cobra who made a new rear section Thursday and sent it out next day delivery , the replacement was at my door 745 Saturday morning . So far play to them and their customer service [emoji106]

As for the exhaust it still has the lifetime warranty but for about £300 less labour costs too polish the pipework. Took about 2 hrs to fit as, I couldn't be bothered to get the car up on all 4 axle stands .

Few pics .

0e8e777afb2ded39c32767703b41d81b.jpg

14c091719f0dcbc84cb5d5be3fd7ab10.jpg

3948aab1f27ca67d88f467850d95429a.jpgdda7d69af51d3cacbf11f45ae77366f9.jpg

Fitment was good and it's still got the scooby "thud" but it doesn't scream at ya on boost [emoji41]

The cdf billet fuel rails turned up and look like a quality bit of kit b99a7a774d36478c615128f989f57b45.jpg

So I just need the custom ally intake pipe fabricated and I'll have everything ready for a map tweek [emoji6]

• Like 3

I took it out for a "quick" test run which turned into a few slip lane blatts followed by a detour to the two local road tunnels 😆

I found that the cobra cat back seems to make the same level of noise at full chat that it does on idle . Although it's quieter compared to the previous 3" cat back , it's only restricted the boost targets I'm hitting on the avcr by 0.02 bar (so it flows well)

The Mrs and kids didn't like it at first when it was idling on the drive but I took my 12yr old daughter out and she said .....

"Actually dad you can hear the spool and wastegate chatter more so I like it .... a lot "

With that discription i think the 3 females in my house know more about cars than some of my mates on building sites [emoji23]

• Like 3

Do you still need me to look at the bug gaz , Or is it boosting properly now bud ?

Cos I'll be in between 3 and 5 this afternoon or you can pop to the s.c meet Tuesday at 7 in Baylham. too meet the s.c mob and I'll have a squint then [emoji6]

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Getting a bit bored waiting for the custom intake pipe to get fabricated, so I've ordered up the ally bends I need from "Ash" then I can get it cut n prepped for welding together .

The reshell has seen 2 winters and I decided to give the rear wheels a polish , arches a clean then seal them up .

On a whole the paintwork i did is holding up really well

a74eab7008f40fbccd0a490e41172591.jpg

Only bit of rust is on the captive nut and thread

7adb90abdbe647c18c7d9622949e51c3.jpg

Did manage to get a coat of polish and poor boys sealant on the rear wheels before the heavens opened [emoji41]

but got wet bolting the fookers back on and dropping the car of the axle stands [emoji57]

d30d0182fe1da835a071b63e0f0f8a2e.jpg

• Like 2

Do you still need me to look at the bug gaz , Or is it boosting properly now bud ?

Cos I'll be in between 3 and 5 this afternoon or you can pop to the s.c meet Tuesday at 7 in Baylham. too meet the s.c mob and I'll have a squint then [emoji6]

Ruddy nora clive did I not get back to you as only just seen this!!!!???

Cant see a date on my phone so could of been months or weeks ago lol.

Still sandbaging the start up but in my favour ive got a couple of 90deg hose bends to put in (try as not much room) as not happy with a few connections.

Definitely going to pop the crank sensor plug off to get some oil round as its a 2 min job and better to be safe than sorry as had plenty of that lately lol :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

No problem gaz , I dunno exactly when I replied either but it was sometime early part of last month.

We've had a chat on the phone since then anyways , I'll let you know when the next s.c meet is as I'll probably be going again (if the weather's good)

There was only about 8 scoobs there last time but that included 3 x 2.1 stroker powered scoobs running 350 + hp

.a p1 running just over 450hp

.a v3 sti v limited .

a cashmere yellow type r .

And my old girl of course [emoji6]

Its a Small club but what it lacks in numbers it makes up for with a fair few ponies [emoji41]

6ce8ac5d35dd681c3833ce33a5bbd296.jpg

• Like 1

Wasn't sure when u posted that and yes we have spoken a few times since lol

Hopefully will come along to your meet as long as my chariot doesn't play me up anymore (must stop tinkering and breaking stuff) and get to see those scoobys in the flesh :-)

Still not fired her up but motogp is on now so might have to be tomorrow as on holiday for a week :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ordered up a box of ally pipework from "Ash" to try to neaten up the "frankenstien" temporary intake tract.

9d9d712d57e6b38edefdc7a48130cec6.jpg

Bit of chopping with the hacksaw and I'm now ready to get the icv take off welded on .

6424a57ee1084ab922326e873e481ea1.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow's dry and I'll try to get the fuel rails fitted but it's not looking straight forward [emoji57] .

the braided lines I bought we're parallel and reverse flow so cylinder 3, which is the last in the oe "series " fuel lines can't lean off. First issue is The fuel lab fpr was situated where my re located alternator is [emoji55] .

So I've had to switch a few of the lines around to keep the reverse flow and move the fpr .

2165dae782abd68773ae4ce506220e6e.jpg

Obviously the lines will run under the inlet once the oe fuel lines are removed[emoji6]

there's plenty of clearance around the passenger side for the cdf rails and "an" fitted elbows [emoji41]

b9b159d11fd5f3ea31b913831340a175.jpg

But I think my "clocked" turbo coldside is gonna be in the way of the "an" fitment elbows on the drivers side [emoji30]

35ac17caf79f6351b3682c2b0e315c9f.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers chap , word of warning though shiny bays are a nightmare. Soon as you put 1 painted or polished bit under the bonnet ...... all it does is make everything else look pony lol .

Well there's no way the rails are gonna fit on the drivers side ,unless I can find a an6 elbow that's about half the size [emoji57]

9d6616012522dbea0404072b5afba264.jpg

As the current 80mm an6 elbow fouls on the clocked coldside .

I got Doug from "G19 " , a local fabricator that does mx5 turbo conversions , to swage the ends of the ally pipework I cut down and weld a take off onto 1 of the pipes. So I can move the blue pipe that used to stretch across the inlet manifold.

He had this shed looking 1800 mx5 that was braced underneath for track ridgity and running a tdo5 for grins [emoji33]

99c7b3156f252d8ac05a2acefd0aa76e.jpg

Doug also introduced me to meguires all metal polish [emoji41] So I bought some on the way home ,fitted the new intake and slapped some of the megs polish on all the ally under the bonnet 27b3bb97678578700a6c6a8ef19dc0c0.jpg2132a28046b4ce9bed29448e6a397cf4.jpg

At least now the rails are on the back burner all I have to do get some more wire heat shrink sleeve to splice the tomei maf plug in [emoji6]

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a z32 maf and have been putting off fitting it ,as you have to cut a different maf plug into the loom [emoji51]

After a quick search I soon found a post from Simon roe of jolly green monster (thanks si ,rip buddy) . This listed the pins on both plugs for the conversion [emoji41]

So I decided to splice the tomei maf plug in and keep the oe maf plug too , just in case it was too far out of "scale " to make it run well enough . I didn't take to many pics as I was pushed to get it done and back together before I lost daylight this evening.

Mid "hack" [emoji85]

3a8162f4f596b9e5060641d8152c8646.jpg

Fitted

38c81d8c3d504ed0df84fd19f7e5abe7.jpg

I changed the setting on the apexi fc hand controller to allow for the bigger bore maf scale

7181bcace740824af0a87e5a75c2380b.jpg

Although it hunts a bit on idle it drives fine off boost [emoji41] but I might switch over to the old maf and settings untill I get it tweeked in .

because I've kept the oe plug and I get boost withdrawal extremely quickly [emoji23]

• Like 1