savage bulldogs

a few pics of my project so far

Eventually i traced the problem to a 3rd inline alarm fuse hidden behind the center consul
The hovering had dislodged a old scotch blocked connection behind the ecu harness, which had grounded out on the ecu bracket and blown the alarm fuse

At least I'd had a crash course in scooby electrics and have given most of the electrical system a good checking over

With that fixed it started up but ran a bit rough to start with which i assumed was due to the unburnt fuel in the bores .As it soon stopped misfiring and ran fine for 2 weeks .. .. untill the mrs drove it again and it stalled and started running rough ffs .

First guess was that the unburnt fuel had fouled up the plugs as it had been taking a few extra turns to start . New set of platinum tipped heat 7 plugs and it seems to be running fine again

Although i was glad i removed a fair bit of the oe pipework as i only needed to get the washer bottle out of the way to gain access to the coilpacks

93173e4739db20af45fec138bf7b8f0f.jpg3cea435d6b02d320fa44b0b470c370f0.jpg643a87ff9cd1ed1f8e5c155d104cb9a6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi Clive whats involved in the reverse inlet mod.Is there better gains from this
A few people have asked me this lately , so here's my (long winded) opinion

I think most "mainstream tuners" say it's not worth the gains to their customers and i agree . With off the shelf reverse inlets costing over a grand , alternator relocation , intake pipework re direction , materials and labour. it's probably cheaper to buy a bigger turbo and push more boost through it .

I found a tatty second hand phase 1 reverse inlet "kit" for £100 , so it only cost me about £250 including paint and pipework

Can i feel any gains ?

Don't know ,tbh

ive had various map tweeks, mods and even a reshell since building the engine and fitting it to my old v3 uk .

But after a long drive i can now easily keep my hand on the fmic pipework just before the throttle body , without burning my hands like i used too .

Anything that helps lessen heatsoak and gives less bends in less pipework, logically makes sense to me

On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:24 PM, savage bulldogs said:

A few people have asked me this lately , so here's my (long winded) opinion emoji848.png

I think most "mainstream tuners" say it's not worth the gains to their customers and i agree . With off the shelf reverse inlets costing over a grand , alternator relocation , intake pipework re direction , materials and labour. it's probably cheaper to buy a bigger turbo and push more boost through it .

I found a tatty second hand phase 1 reverse inlet "kit" for £100 , so it only cost me about £250 including paint and pipework emoji6.png

Can i feel any gains ?

Don't know ,tbh emoji23.png

ive had various map tweeks, mods and even a reshell since building the engine and fitting it to my old v3 uk .

But after a long drive i can now easily keep my hand on the fmic pipework just before the throttle body , without burning my hands like i used too .

Anything that helps lessen heatsoak and gives less bends in less pipework, logically makes sense to me emoji851.pngemoji6.png

Hi Clive how was your Christmas.I love your build.I have a small problem with my hazards which you might be able to help me with.My hazards don't work yet my indicators do.Some say its the switch and other say its the hazard relay only I don't no where the hazard switch lives.Apprently its some where near drivers kick panel.Did you ever have any problems with yours

All good thanks, fella

I'll have a squint a bit later for some info on hazzard lights , do you have a multi meter ?

7 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

All good thanks, fella emoji41.png

I'll have a squint a bit later for some info on hazzard lights , do you have a multi meter ?

Yeah I have one in work lol the master techs one lol.I have to change the front mains oil seal as well.some burk has changed the belt but not the seal.Luckily enough the belt is dry

Sorry for the late reply Rick but after finding out the wheelnuts i bought from d2 uk were not fit for purpose , stripped the thread on 3 outta the first 8 i tried fit

Then my youngest stealing the laptop for 3 days its the first chance ive had to look at my wiring diagrams.

I haven't had any issues with my indicators or hazards , so can't really help from experience or even tell you if the hazzards and indicators run off the same relay / fuse .

I did take these , dunno if they're any good to ya though
c05d6f61d1058c72700e23a2809f6951.jpg09d532bd26a8b4a2b3e3c5a69f6f050f.jpg