a few pics of my project so far

savage bulldogs

You maybe able to help me on my latest post with you taking your bug engine out lol. 

Something iv always wanted to do is strip an engine down an rebuild it. Id also like to have the balls to do my own timing belt lol. 

• 1 month later...

Passenger side wing , front wheel , both doors , outter sill and scuff to rear 1/4 and both drivers side rims n tyres fubared [emoji856][emoji53]
So she's currently being assessed at the body shop , hopefully it wont get written off as its not affected the a post or inner sill .

Fingers crossed she'll be back fce19a26e0492f2213ab9498505a1eb6.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Did the other drivers insurance except blame .

Least rear quarter just a scuff  and with roof trim you can finish panel paint easy .Could of been worse and at least fully fixable to good standard in right hands.

I dunno yet , Paul as my polish ain't too sharp and i couldn't understand him too well at the scene. 

atm it's going through my fully comp insurance, as i was advised to do that by my insurers . Because my "agreed value" and mod list was a contract with my insurance company and not the blokes insurer that hit me. So that should've made it so there was no chance of it being categorised due to the damage not being structural.

The fact that the drivers side of his  front bumper hit my passenger's front wheel, proves pretty cut n dry, that i was ahead of him, in the right hand lane when he swerved into me .

He blatantly didn't look to the right before changing lanes, as he would've seen my daughters in the passengers seats next to him .

I certainly wasn't driving erratically, i had both my kids in the car and if he said i was, he'd have to be deaf as well as blind cos my scoob ain't quite on boost .

At least the physio seems to be helping all of us and the scoobs gonna be on the mend soon too 

Can be a mess in terms of insurance claims with modded agreed value cars.
Hope it all works out and repairs get her back to former glory .

Main thing is you and your kids not badly hurt .

Amount of east europeans here you need a startrek translator :-S

• Like 1

Should know not too log in when ive had a couple of sherberts 🙄 proppa essay of a reply from me above lol .

I chose The body shop 😉 as they'r a well respected retro friendly repairers and always turn out high quality work.

Rick has been a breath of fresh air in this !Removed! storm by, refusing the insurance company to take my car as salvage 😡 until i was happy with the what they said .... and giving me some superb advice to get the outcome i deserved 😊

Went to the body shop today and dropped off a preface ally bonnet , which I'll be paying a little bit extra to get painted while its there 😊

20180505_115101.jpg

• Like 1

That good you can choose the bodyshop, many cars get more vandalized by bodyshops than from the accident lol .

Hope all turns out sweet and you get some gain from the hassle .

Although insurance companies don't tell you this , as it's your vehicle you're within your rights to take it to any insurance approved body shop 😉

Luckily i was advised this by a local retro club i'm a member of and cancelled the collection of my scoob, by the non retro mainstream body shop that was arranged for me 🙄

Thanks for the offer of the side skirt , is it a non painted black plastic one ?

Yes mate black oem plastic I only upgraded mine to colour code ones you are welcome to the. But the rubber seals that sit on the top I used for mine but you can take them off yours they are already boxed so it’s no biggie to send them mate to help some one out

• Thanks 1

Me too it's the longest ive been without burble n boost for about 7 yrs 😥

I'm getting serious withdrawal symptoms and missing loads of early show season meets

In a plus side my work horse caddy van is looking pretty sweet ,as i had to wash n wax something for therapy 😂

Did get a bit of good news today .... work starts on the v1 tomorrow and I've been promised a few progress pics to chuck on here 😎

Big thanks @tannan side skirt arrived , so just have to wait for Rick at the bodyshop to work his magic 

Cheers chaps , i actually feel like I'm finally getting somewhere now 👍

I never realised how much I'd miss burble n boost and dunno how the likes of Jay can be so patient and go years without it 🤔 😉

Locating  new rota boost alloys was turning out fairly expensive,  especially as they will need to be painted in order to match up with the rest 😏

So i spoke to rota uk and seeing as my car has been used to premote their products, they kindly let me have some ex display rims for half price 😎

So big thumbs up to rota uk for the generous offer 👍

I was well impressed with the firestone firehawks that id fitted to the front a few years back but unfortunately the front and rear drivers side tyres were popped when he pushed me over the raised traffic island on impact 🤬

Scooby diffs dont like different circumference tyres 🙄 so i can't re use the part worn front tyre from the passengers side  😏

So Black circles will be delivering 4 new ones to be fitted once the damaged rims are replaced and painted 😊

Well in true savage style and not doing things by half , I've decided to get a bit more done while she's in the bodyshop .

There was only one part of rust on the whole car so the rear drivers 1/4 has had the rot cut out and had fresh metal welded back in . The roof ,boot spoiler and a posts had paint fade ,so they're being painted along with the front n rear bumpers and ally preface bonnet .

Hopefully she'll be back on the driveway this weekend 🤞😊

received_10157496971930968.jpeg

received_10157496971875968.jpeg

received_10157496971190968.jpeg

received_10157496971035968.jpeg