a few pics of my project so far

savage bulldogs

Your right there gambit " variety is the spice of modding " :-D

If we all liked the same thing we wouldn't be modding at all , just driving around in the factory finished scoobies .

don't get me wrong I put pics on here and like it when people comment on my pride n joy and I'd love my scooby to be clean all the time and dent free but ,seeing as the Mrs uses it to go shopping (car park dents) and my kids cover the inside in mud and sweet wrappers , I won't be able to keep it mint .....

well until I get a second car for her and get that 2 door reshell for me ;-)

• Like 1

I have the same problems as all of the above main reason I have tinted windows  :lol: Only plus side is my Missus doesn't drive it ;) but sweetie wrappers muddy feet marks drives me mad. And like you I try to keep on top of it :D

I'm not sure about yours matt as I don't know what rear beam you've got .

my 97 uk has a 3.54 160 rear diff which means I have the same size rear handbrake shoes as the newage wrx .

So all I need to buy are the conversion brackets and new pads (about £75) and then remove the rear splash guards so the bigger newage wrx discs (I got with the calipers) fit .

I dropped alyn @ as preformance a email to ask about compatability he's a helpful fella ;-)

Got some nano drive oil and mahle filter so while doing the oil change I decided it would be rude not to fit some of the new vacuum hoses I got for xmas of the mother in law .

Not much of a visual difference at the moment as I wont fit the full kit until I fit the hdi fmic , but I noticed that some of the original vacuum had become brittle when fitting the engine last year .

before

0701717B-orig_zps2bb82755.JPG.ae7a82c3b9a7133af34a688a07f39b80.JPG

Spot the difference :-)

F8EB26E0-orig_zpsa143e2f8.JPG.424068c3c8867f6cb9c903c471471e47.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah my projects taken a back seat due to having more work than I can fit in during the week and being a self employed plasterer ,I can't justify turning work away so haven't got the time to play scoob :'(

Saying that it's my birthday at the end of march the mrs has said she'll buy me a few bit's

decat downpipe

cone filter

intake temp sensor (to help with fuel trim due to running maffless)

2 pot rear conversion brackets/pads

and a remap once all the above and the hdi fmic are fitted :-)

So hopefully I'll be taking a long birthday weekend off and getting stuck in with some updates then .

Cheers for the comments , clive

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't manage to fit anything today but I did a mock fit of the fmic inlet pipework to check what hoses I'd need to plumb in the recirc .

was going to paint the pipework but the hdi pipework looks to shiny to cover in paint tbo .does look like I'll have to relocate my adjustable fpr as well :-(

Also ordered a 3" entry k&n cone filter as I've found a suitable bit off ally pipework to delete the maff

9974A9B2-orig_zpsfc5e6e4f.JPG.bf85a7bddcbaeda5d365f3b5159a9906.JPG

I won't cut it to size until I fit the fmic pipework (and finished polishing it lol), but it gives you the general idea ;-)

Still got to get the intake air temp sensor and weld a bung into the fmic to inlet pipe and find a second hand 3" decat , latter of which to be like hens teeth at the min .

After offering up the 3" dia K&N it looked to big to fit in the bay :-(

I had found some 3" outside dia ally pipe (in the pic above) while working on site. which I had intended to polish and use to delete the maff .

So I thought fook it lets whip the standard air box out and see if I can make it work

79F86F46-orig_zps7bd08f63.jpg

Had to keep the ally pipe short (75mm) which means that you can only just see 10 mm of the shiny pipe between the K &N and the inlet pipe .

Took it for a test drive and it seems to spool a bit earlier and the noise is sublime , it's even made the recirculation valve sound louder .

I've chucked a fair bit of money on mods at my scooby but ,think for £42 and 30 mins work it's probably one of the best value for money ones so far :-)

• Like 1

Cheers chap

will admit I'll have plenty of shiny pipework once I've fitted that fmic cos you can see yer face in that hdi stuff lol .

saying that I have been toying with the idea of lagging the pipe from fmic to throttle body to try to keep the temps down ;-)

and when I've got the d/s wheel arch liner off im gonna take that blue rusty 3 port bracket off and give it a lick of paint :-)

cos it does my head in lol

• Like 1

Thanks gary .

rocker covers and red pipes I fine sanded , de greased to prep .

I used a acid etch primer , enamel primer, enamel top coat and then lacquer all in halfrouds finest rattle cans .

For the block wire brushed and degrease and then used brush on acid etch primer and brush on hi temp engine/ caliper paint off egay

the inlet manifold was already powder coated when I bought it