a few pics of my project so far

savage bulldogs

I nearly bought a carrado a few years back. V6 in black was mint condition he was storing it in the yard and had an accident. So needed to free some money. But he backed out at the last minute. Anyway no time to reminisce going to finish off reading your rants lol [emoji23]

If the wife's in the car I get plenty of whining when I hit anything over about 0.8 bar anyways [emoji39]

As for nos I just need to do a bit more research , cos if I've got to buy a bigger turbo and injectors to break the 400hp barrier (with the nos installed) there's not much point .

• Like 1

Yep I have the same problem depending on mood. The whinging normally starts around 3k rev mark couple of gear changes later on boost I think the thrill kicks in ad it stops then returns to. Think about the fuel [emoji23]

Yeah I get the same scenario with the silence followed with the "think of the fuel " moan lol

Haven't done anything to the scoob as it's far too cold n wet out there for my liking .

I have been toying with the idea of making it look a bit more standard on the outside and converting it back to preface .

I've just got two binders off my brv which are full of history for the 20yr old wrx sti ....

Shame most of it's in Japanese [emoji15]

But at least there's a few pics to go by [emoji6]

post-1399-141702835739_thumb.jpg

post-1399-141702837609_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry stants I forgot you'd asked me a question [emoji5]

no mate, one owner in Japan and I'm the 4th owner in the UK .

I do like the idea of having it (at least) looking standard as it's a 20 yr old car with a few tweaks but I quite like the look of it atm, so still a bit unsure whether to preface it or not [emoji15]

post-1399-141815318922_thumb.jpg

It looked like a light stain with a few bubbles I just gave it a light poke with the blunt end of a spanner .

Even though I regularly jet wash under the arches It's a common spot on classics and some newage.

Mud builds up between the bodywork and the top of the rear strutt , traps water and the rot sets in .

I'm still picking the "bones" off the uk swopping trim bits , removing spare parts .

Spring time I'll have a good sort out box up what I'm keeping , sell what im not and scrap the rest .

To clear space and kick start the fund for next year's "tweeks" [emoji39]

• 1 month later...

Well I haven't updated my thread for a while but have been busy when the weather's not stopped play [emoji19]

Parked the scoob on some long wet grass while taking my daughter footy practice the heat wrapped headers soaked up the moisture nicely , well good enough to turn the engine bay into a sauna and steam the maf to death [emoji19]

Luckly enough Had a spare in the man cave and once fitted it was running fine [emoji4]

Next up I'd gone for a slightly heavier (when cold) oil to try to quieten my race spec pistons all it did was increase the oil pressure by 1 bar [emoji51]

So I've reverted back to the 10w 60 millers nano drive oil

The flipped inlet was a last minute idea and I'd managed to do it cheaply (£220) including second hand inlet /alternator relocation brackets , paint , gaskets ,90° ash boost hose and a hack saw . it looks purdy but some of the ally pipework hasn't got the rib on the end that the clamp fits in to stop the hoses blowing off .

So I've ordered a few more bit's from a.s.h to tidy things up post-1399-142409947311_thumb.jpg

the weather's been quite good this weekend so I thought I'd jet wash under the arches to see if my winter prep had held up

post-1399-142409963516_thumb.jpgpost-1399-142409965858_thumb.jpg

Finally I managed to fit the rear spats to match the fronts post-1399-14240997193_thumb.jpgpost-1399-142409973358_thumb.jpg

stripped the winter wash n wax off with some autoglym shampoo and gave her the first coat of polish of the year .

post-1399-142409992745_thumb.jpgpost-1399-142409997102_thumb.jpg

Ah ok what size bar is it ?

Just picked up a 22mm bar and the car it's come off was on standard mounts, I was worried about twisting them but his was putting out 500bhp and he said it's driven like it's stolen and never had any issues

Well mines a measly 13mm at the rear looks like a coat hanger ! Been after one for ages couldn't really say no. So I'm gonna use the bushes it came with and see how we go, have you had a play with the different settings & what did you think ?