Forza 5

Gambit

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Woohoo new track to play on. 

Starting April 10, the famed Long Beach circuit is coming to Forza Motorsport 5! Available for free as part of the latest Forza Motorsport 5 content update, Long Beach is a brand new track to the Forza Motorsport series, delivering tight turns and blindingly quick straights, all surrounded by the sun-drenched beauty of southern California. Long Beach in Forza Motorsport 5 is packed with stunning detail, with the entire track and surrounding area recreated with obsessive precision through laser scanning, thousands of photos, and hours of video. From the angles of each unique palm tree along Shoreline Drive to every nuance of the track’s surface, this circuit is a racing experience unlike any other.

The full eleven-turn, 1.97-mile course, home to this weekend’s 40th running of the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach, is included, as well as two alternate ribbons: the slightly shorter East Loop and the half-mile West Loop, both of which are perfect for drifting or pushing your technical driving skills to their limits.

Like all track add-on content for Forza Motorsport 5, Long Beach has been fully integrated into every mode of the game. Once you download the content update, the Long Beach circuit becomes part of your Forza 5 world. You’ll find brand new events in Career mode, new Rivals and multiplayer lobbies to challenge your friends, and more. Download the latest update for Forza Motorsport 5 and experience this world-class track for the very first time in the Forza Motorsport series!

History of Long Beach

In April 1974, Christopher Pook, a local Long Beach travel agent and fan of racing, brought international attention to Long Beach by putting the sunny ocean-side city on the racing map.

With the help of 1969 Indianapolis 500 winner Mario Andretti, Pook arranged a Formula 5000 race as a test of the track’s setup. Long Beach went on to host the Formula One Grand Prix during one of the greatest racing eras in history. Drivers like James Hunt, who once had a spectacular lap one crash at the circuit, immediately gave Long Beach international reverence as the “Monaco of the West.” In 1977, Andretti out-dueled Niki Lauda at Long Beach and become the first American to win a Formula One grand prix in the U.S.

Home to the annual Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach, the circuit hosts series such as the Verizon IndyCar Series, TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, Indy Lights, Pirelli World Challenge, Formula Drift, and more. Over the years, the skyline of Long Beach has transformed from small, nondescript buildings to state-of-the-art high rises and upscale condominiums. Despite these changes, the track has mostly remained the same. Naturally, the street surfaces have improved, but the hairpin just before the high speed run down Shoreline Drive, which leads to the infamous Turn 2 around the fountain, is as challenging as ever. Long Beach is an American racing icon and always provides for exciting racing no matter what breed of cars are competing.

Need some new rides to go with that new track? The Long Beach Booster Pack features five amazing cars to add to your collection, including the 1977 Ford Coyote Gilmore77, the 1974 Lancia Stratos HF Stradale, the 1956 Jaguar D-Type, the 1998 Mercedes-Benz AMG Mercedes CLK GTR, and the 1971 Ferrari #2 Ferrari Automobili 312 P. This five-car pack will be available at no additional charge to Forza Motorsport 5 Car Pass owners. The Forza Motorsport Car Pass includes the six monthly DLC packs that Car Pass owners will receive through May 2014 as well as the five-car Road America Booster Packs and the five-car Long Beach Booster Pack.

Yeah I can see many crashes taking place there I got clipped on the video, but I was on the blindside so I guess it was going to happen. I would say most corners will have crashes it's a tough track I still think I could get around it quick in the lambo I used :D But think the track itself is great a nice addition to the track list. 

And I feel really bad someone didn't like my video :( and went to the lengths of disliking it Haha must be a GT fan.

Yeah I'm looking forward to cracking on with getting some races done might have a blast tonight and some Titanfalls if I get time.

I agree I feel really offended :D Did you sign in just to thumb it up I see I have one now  :lol: 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did the 2.4 endurance race on Nordschleife+GP took the lead in the first lap held it until the end. What an epic track I felt drained just at the end of it I had got such a lead I even stopped to go for a Pee I couldn't hold it any longer :)   

One thing I have found with 5 is the that the drivatars are a real pain on the 1st lap and friends are especially aggressive. As soon as you get past them into the lead then it's easy to pull out a massive gap. There's always one car that stays in-touch, the rest just fall away. Doesn't really seem to matter what difficulty level they are set to its always the same. Admittedly I haven't set it on the top level but I can easily beat professional if you don't get punted off on the 1st lap.

My only other gripe is the level of damage on simulation. Even if you run in to the back of someone with the lightest of touches then thats your suspension, brakes, possibly drivetrain all damaged. So you end up counter steering the damage for the rest of the race. That for me is a bit overzealous. I just restart the race anyway. I reckon I restart at least 3 or 4 times each race.

One thing I have found with 5 is the that the drivatars are a real pain on the 1st lap and friends are especially aggressive. As soon as you get past them into the lead then it's easy to pull out a massive gap. There's always one car that stays in-touch, the rest just fall away. Doesn't really seem to matter what difficulty level they are set to its always the same. Admittedly I haven't set it on the top level but I can easily beat professional if you don't get punted off on the 1st lap.

My only other gripe is the level of damage on simulation. Even if you run in to the back of someone with the lightest of touches then thats your suspension, brakes, possibly drivetrain all damaged. So you end up counter steering the damage for the rest of the race. That for me is a bit overzealous. I just restart the race anyway. I reckon I restart at least 3 or 4 times each race.

Yeah I agree with you mate. Had it a few times including your Drivatar manage to find so much speed catch up from half a lap back and break my car I have to keep the rewind function on otherwise I'd never finish a race :D 

And the few times I do pull away and get away to try do a fast clean lap one of your lot's drivatars will catch up again to dirty it :D 

Yeah you can be clean all the way and a drivatar nudges you that the clean lap gone.

They should include runoff areas that don't invalidate a lap and penalise for chicane and major corner cutting. Putting 2 wheels on the grass as you overtake or run a bit wide shouldn't kill the lap. Mind you we were saying the same about 4 :)

• 1 month later...

I bit the bullet and bought the car pass, mainly because I wanted to try the Caterham and my lord is it good! Very twitchy and fun to drive :D . It starts at the bottom of A class, so I stuck a turbo on it, race brakes, roll cage and race tyres. Hell of a machine now, you have to take it easy on the throttle in the corners but on the straights it's a rocket ship lol. I will try and get a video of it tonight.