Nurburgring Nordschleife Time Trial

Gambit

ok here's my first proper lap in an A Class Scoob, the legacy I was using yesterday in the races. 

I couldn't be bothered to do the whole lap before the hot lap so I just went up the track a bit for a run up, hence the J-turn into the existence at the start

8:48.947, I reckon there's a bit more in there but having done that lap I'm off for a lie down and a stiff drink, clean laps are extremely stressful

Forgot to say, replay is on my storefront for anyone interested

photo-3.jpg

Not having a fastest hot lap drives me nuts, and i'll keep going an going until I either cry into my beer or beat it. usually the the beer gets it. Not that I'm in any way competitive  :rolleyes:, on that note just like to point out I was driving a 24yr old car  :D

I am going to beat 9 mins in the transit though at some point! I'll post it if I do.

may have to reinstall disc 2 and get all my dlc back on my hard drive now, this game is creeping back into my life, I can imagine how that clean lap felt i may do a dirty one in the scoob to see how much time difference it makes, though tbf that 8:50something was a bit chilled as I was concentrating more on keeping the tyres on the black stuff

you'd better beat that 8.50 you did, i'm creeping up in the Transit, managed a 8.55 or something last night  :D

trouble is its sooooo frustrating to get nearly all the way through lap and then put a wheel loose on one of the last corners. 

Worryingly my XBOX looks like its on its last legs, as it keeps freezing up on some games, fortunately not Forza so I should be ok in the races, but it looks like I'm going to have to get another at some point, was hoping not to just yet, wanted to get an XBOX ONE, but now need to get a XBOX360 so the wife can play her games too and I can play GTA. oh well, guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for an XBOXONE   :(

@stanton, the transit was just for the crack, someone said I could probably lap quicker in a transit, got me thinking so made an A Class transit. Could do a standard transit see what that turns out, I know that its around 11 mins to get a standard transit around though. If you want to try the A class V8 transit I can put it up only share list.

I reckon should just allow dirty laps, there's not much time you can gain, if any but cutting corners.

Maybe use standard cars which will

Slow it down a bit make it a little less stressful.

Perhaps use the impreza hatch for a

Change?

• Like 1

Dog, thats one of the dlc i don't have i didn't really like what wad in the rest of the pack. Lookes at my account and i was given £6.53 by microsoft, something to do with the ms points conversion ?

I'm easy i'll try in anything, my 9.10 was just over 2 laps while waiting for everyone else on sunday. I may have a go tonight if i can get on and theres no bf to be had. Just gonna have a pootle round in some different stuff

Well I raged quit it last night jumped on for a quick lap or 2 got flying down the start straight I mean flying ggot round the dog leg part fine then hit the small chicanes got a back wheel on the dirty stuff xbox went straight off  :lol:

Right after waking up at silly o'clock this morning and mulling over this track for the League event you reckon damage off for this track as it wouldn't be any fun smashed up on the side of the track waiting ?

Well if we all drive like gents there should be no need haha !

Pete if you send over a spec sheet of your car i'll have a look see why with that much bhp your being left on the straights. Didn't leave handbrake on ? :-D

Pete send me the set up when you get chance I will load it on to my hatch and have a look :) does seem strange you was struggling on the straights with the BHP you was pushing more than me in both set ups I had  

Right after waking up at silly o'clock this morning and mulling over this track for the League event you reckon damage off for this track as it wouldn't be any fun smashed up on the side of the track waiting ?

Dunno, part of me thinks thats just part of the game, on the other hand (having sat 3 laps of Le Mans) I can see where you're coming from.

however, with my realist head on, I'm thinking the rules are the rules, even though I know that could be me sat for 20 mins. so I don't think we should turn off the damage, maybe just limited damage? 

I'll send them over now Stanton and Gambit. Can't get the multiquote to work.

I will have a look in a bit see what can play with. And have a look see why it was slow 

Not using the wheel and pedals, although I do have a piece of rubber under the brake to simulate the real brake pedals resistance :D

Testing multi quote. Worked fine for me :(

I believe in fairies i do i do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just scrolled up to quote this one on it's own and was fine too so not sure mate 

Fully upgraded Transit with the Falcon V8. Class S636. no tuning, 2nd lap in it on the ring. I was clean upto the corkscrew, got spat out and lost the back end which gave me a dirty lap :( then a bit later where you hit that massive bump just before the right hand bend and it sent me wide on to the grass, the rest of the lap was clean and I got a 9:13.228.

That van is a beast, if one side of the back goes light under power you'll be facing the other way if your not quick.

Just had a quick look mate it's not a bad set up to be fair I'd say I lose most of the torque out of the corners that was making my ghost car on Laguna Seca looks faster on the straights as it pulled away. So looking at it might need just a tweak to try keep most of that power through the corner.  

Sent it back had a play around I didn't beat my fastest time on Laguna but was dam close and knocked nearly a full second off the time when driving with your setup. But I do think a lot is down to driving style so might suit my style more than yours.