Nurburgring Nordschleife Time Trial

Gambit

Pete, just had a play around with the setups. And sent 2 back to you. Are you using manual or at transmission ?

1st one is your build with a slightly different tune.

2nd is a little tweak on tune. Slightly down on bhp but weighs a little less, but full race box. The gap between 3rd &4th gear may be a little long but it should be fast enough on 90% of tracks. Have a play and see what you think.

MT with clutch is the way forward that way you don't have to waste PI on aftermarket catches to speed up your changes lol. Surprised forza hasn't written it in to destroy your gearbox for doing it too fast like on the first one did damage for hitting the limiter

Oh I use manual gears :( I would say you will lose a bunch of time with the auto.

I know on Forza 5 if you gear down to fast you do damage. Never driven with the manual gears and clutch. I would if I had a full set of pedals and steering wheel but doubt I could do that on a pad 

I'd try stick with the manual gears mate maybe it's just me but I'm sure does make a difference you can redline it before the auto kicking in and changes a gear ?

I'd say that was one of the main reason for lose of power on the straights.

At always shifts up before the redline like a granny :-) least with mt you can go right up to the limiter. With the engine mods on my 22b you can go all the way to 8.5k before running onto the limiter.

Same with downchanges at can't go back through the gears quick enough into corners. One of the things i learnt when 1st playing is stop trying to drive like you would on the road and just bang it back through the gears as fast as you can. Can carry much more speed into the corners and let the engine help with slowing you down.

Manual with clutch is so hard on the pad. I gave up trying after about 5 laps :O

I've not tried I doubt I could with a pad 

I've been looking at the wheels for the Xbox one with the gear shifter and and pedals. £300 just for the wheel and standard accelerate and brake pedal. for the gear shift and added pedals with clutch is all extra  :o

Not anything serious at the mo. Just for fun set a clean lap :-) untill we get something sorted anything goes. I went round last time in a zonda R

If you can make it we'll be on from half 8 thinght for final 3 races in this season

Nice one will add you later 

Be nice to get a few more for the start of Season 2 I've posted on the Forza 4 forum but had nothing back :( And A600 is the cap if you hadn't guessed :) wouldn't want you tunning an R3 spec up and have to sort it out on the start line up :D 

And Stants Sunset Peninsula is also tonight  so 4 races again tonight to end the season :)

I've just written the tracks down and about to put some times in what I've been doing is just setting a lap time work out roughly all 4 tracks are to try fit in an hour. but with the Nordschleife tonight I think it will be over an hour long tonight. :)