What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

On 10/29/2017 at 3:27 PM, savage bulldogs said:

After a nice sunday roast there's nothing better than dropping some logs .emoji849.png
the copilot had a bit of a nippy nought during the full throttle pulls but ive finally got some ecu parameter info for bedtime reading emoji41.pngcacbbbf389588fe7aa70505e9bd481cd.jpg

I wish i could make head or tails of the info I read on esl data.

I'm thinking of buying the cable to attach to mine to get the data off so I can learn how it runs.

I can tune old school with carb and distributor , so thought id try to learn how to efi tune as well .
Ive read a fair bit on the net and bought a few books over the past year but i won't "tweeking" anything for a while , just logging info and comparing data at different loads / throttle positions.

It seems to be keeping me occupied and my idle hands outta the "spray the scooby fund " [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 10/31/2017 at 7:58 AM, savage bulldogs said:

Ive read a fair bit on the net and bought a few books over the past year but i won't "tweeking" anything for a while , just logging info and comparing data at different loads / throttle positions.

When i have some spare cash im buying the lead for my esl so I can do the same, or at least help find the problem before I have to go get mapped again.

Its a bit of a pig to start. (not going on an I hate the mapper rant, the rest of it seems to be fine.) And I wouldn't mind knowing what the cause of the problem is before i go driving off if its not a mapping problem.

Anyway, today I bought a v2 sti steering rack with roll centre track rod ends (whatever they are lol). That will replace my leaky wrx steering rack and I will replace the bushes and few other bits at the same time.

Thanks to advice from the mapper i have found the problem starting and in low gear at low revs to be a leaking injector seal. When starting the car at work earlier i smelt fuel whilst it was trying to turn over which confirmed the problem. Problem is I put new seals on when fitting the injectors which where sonically cleaned and flow tested before fitting.

• Like 1

Finally gave the scooby a wee bit of tlc. Poor sole has been sat on a driveway for the past 6 weeks. Guilty as charged ma Lord for neglect and dereliction of duty 😂😂. So charged Battery fully up and once charged she started on the button oh how I've missed that sound. Got all the tyre pressures up to their prescribed levels and took her round the block to free the brakes up. Then threw a bucket of water over her well a little bit more than merely throwing a bucket over her. All kinds of crud had to come off. Just waiting for my very omissions friendly mot'er to give me a day to get her in. Still never found the time to fit my arb's front n rear or the lateral and trailing arms yet. Looks like that's now gonna be done in the cold months once I finish sorting the !Removed! garden out 😡😡😡. 

I appear to have sorted my injector problem out, took them out one by one and checked them out, all looked perfect. New seals that i put on a few weeks ago looked fine. I used a bit of red teflon grease to seat the seals and made sure i didnt put too much on that would interfere with the fuel and she started perfectly. I took her for a run around the block at low revs, sub 1500 in first and second and no kangarooing! Tomorrow will be the acid test, will it mess up overnight.

I also fitted phillips h4 racing vision plus 150% bulbs so i can finally see at night in oncoming traffic :cool:

Occasional Intermittent misfire was starting to get on my nerves[emoji848] .

So i decided to check over the newage coilpack conversion "pigtails" i did find 1dry soldered joint and hoped that would resolve the fault for good .

Which i re did but when refitting the right bank i niticed a crack in the engine loom "coilpack spur" [emoji53]

Guess I'll be spending my sunday removing the engine loom and practicing my soldering again [emoji849]
5c47629f85fc40aea2c646436027216e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tracking maybe if it's the steering. I know I once took a car to have the tracking done and some how they sent it out miles to the point was like I wasn't even driving the car [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk