What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

4 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

Well after a few phone calls today flux and ERS seem to have realised that there has been a massive oversight with my valuation .

So ERS (prompted by flux ) have verbally offered a cash settlement which should be enough to get my scoob back to how it was prior to the accident without being categorised (written off)

Although i now feel like both flux and ERS are doing the best they can for me (their customer for the past 7 yrs with 20yrs no claims) , i won't be 100% happy until i have their approval in writing .

So Fingers crossed she'll be back burbling soon now , thanks for all your comments and I'll keep you all posted on the final outcome 🤞

Great stuff! The last thing they want to do is **** off a whole communities worth of customers!!

• Like 1

Well apparently "all their phone calls are recorded " they've definitely offered a more realistic settlement over the phone and even taken bank details to send payment .

But until i get the written confirmation and funds, I'm understandably a bit dubious due to the way this has played for me so far [emoji849]

3 minutes ago, GeoffLeggy said:

@kershaw-330s Looks like a good haul there!! Do you normally use Titan Race? 

Yes the Titan race is sposed to be one of the best and it comes as a 5w40 where as millers etc doesn’t it’s all 10w50 or 10w60 which is a bit thick for what I use the car imho 

I use that Titan race in mine; great stuff.

i’ll call over to see people at Japfest. I’m on the north east Subaru owners club stand in zone 12

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GeoffLeggy said:

I used it’s last time round and car seemed to use it at an alarming rate.  Went through my litre top in no time then switched it out quick.  

Really that’s interesting cos I noticed before my last change it started to drink a lil bit 300ml maybe but I kinda put that down to maybe it was getting old , how old was the oil or did you notice that strait away ? 

Fairly early, I check it pretty regular.  Never ran badly or anything like that, just used it. Haven’t had similar issue with others.  The Petronas I’m using this time round doesn’t have any of that issue. 

23 minutes ago, Pottsy73 said:

I am starting a new job with Fuchs at the beginning of June, I’ll raise your concerns with the lab - see what improvements can be made 

How cool is that 🤘🏼 Got an inside man on the forum 👍🏼

Spotted crack in windscreen so contacted insurance and appointment made for screen company to come today. Got new screen out of van, thankfully before taking old one out, and spotted that interior mirror fixing different, so wrong screen. New appointment made for Thursday, but mot booked for Tuesday!!! Fortunately mot not due till 20th, so will cancel and rearrange. Why do these things all happen at once??

Blew about 6months of dust off and got back to my classic. Spray coat of black to do then onto stripping down the subframe and rear bumper bar for priming and painting, hopefully followed by hubs and struts in the next week

IMG_2832.JPG

• Like 1

Completed the safety recall inspection - no issues, apparently it has been more of an issue on Legacies not Imprezas.

Mechanic thought it amusing when I asked the chap in the Subaru showroom why they had a picture of a Ferrari F1 car on the wall? Don't think that I was the first person to ask that 😆

On 3/19/2018 at 11:01 AM, kershaw-330s said:

What clutch and fly did you go for?  , I’m running a competition clutch stage two with the standard fly , quite heavy but not too bad, also it maybe worth taking your spoiler off if your noticing rust I found a lil bit undermine going into the body shop soon 

CC Stage 2 with their flywheel (this one), the clutch I've found to be fine as I put up with a bad clutch for about 12 months before so it's no heavier but I wouldn't recommend the flywheel as it makes significant noise under engine breaking (I believe/hope this is normal) that may make the car difficult to sell in the future.

Removed diff crossmember and brackets etc what an utter (insert as many swear words as you can imagine) it was to get out.  Rather annoyed and happy that it has very little rust and the bushes aren't that bad, still getting blasted and new ones though after all that hassle. Hubs and diff are coming off next on hindsight should have done first 

IMG_2850.JPG