What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

• 2 weeks later...

Washed it and went to a local retro meet upset a middle aged man in a Porsche on the slip lane on the way home .

Don't think he expected my 24yr old scooby to leave him for dust in 3rd and 4th 😊

He didn't look happy with his expensive  mid life crisis purchase, When he over took me, as i stopped accelerating at 70 .

Old scoobys never die .... they just get quicker 😉

20181008_170116.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Un-lowered it back to standard springs, had it 3 weeks now was lowered when I purchased it, is my second scooby and the drive never felt right on the cheap lowering springs someone put on it, but its now set back to standard OEM Kilen Springs, has had new front lower wishbone arms because the inside bushes where f~#ed thanks to the lowering, had new drop links all round front and back, and added a front strut brace. 5 Hours work total to complete all fittings, was able to supply all parts myself for around £350. 

All in all, 5 hours fitting cost only £200 cos I have a mate who is a pro mechanic was able to use the lift where he works after hours this evening.

Is booked in at quick-ft tomorrow for  4 new tyres, Goodyear Eagle F1 all round to replace the cheap rubber that was on when I purchased, and going to get the alignment sorted, so am really looking forward to that

Tyres come in at £364 purchased online but thanks to a quick fit offer am going to get a £60 love2shop voucher back so only cost £300 really.

All in all just under £1000 spend, car was £1500 cheaper than anything else the same similar I have seen, in fact mine as 20,000 less miles on clock than anything else the same have seen for £1500 more, so am really happy with the end result, engine is perfect had a major service day after i purchased it to get it back up to FSH, has never missed a service in fact has been over serviced but was due when I purchased so sorted that out straight away including gear and diff oil, spark plugs and break fluid flush.

I though I was going to have to do the cam-belt on purchase however got lucky when going through the paperwork was done 20,000 miles back 4 years ago, so good there for a few more years still, did the ancillary belt and the air-con belt though when we did the service, service did cost another £320 but I would have done that to any scooby I just purchased due or not.

This my second scooby and I am a scoobys best friend, its going to be serviced twice a year at a top quality garage where I have goods friends that work, its going to only do around 6k per year, so serviced every 3,000 miles, love your scooby and it always loves you back 🙂

On 10/13/2018 at 9:50 PM, savage bulldogs said:

Washed it and went to a local retro meet upset a middle aged man in a Porsche on the slip lane on the way home .

Don't think he expected my 24yr old scooby to leave him for dust in 3rd and 4th 😊

He didn't look happy with his expensive  mid life crisis purchase, When he over took me, as i stopped accelerating at 70 .

Old scoobys never die .... they just get quicker 😉

20181008_170116.jpg

Nice scooby btw, was the Porsche a boxer by chance, boxers a joke, but tbh  any Porsche with GT at the end of the name, 911 GT, Carrera GT, then the Porsche is no joke you would be facing a real supercar.

• Like 1

Took the v1sti to it's last meet of the year before she goes into hibernation for the salty winter this year .

Was a local f.b group called east coast Japanese,  loads of different motors there but mine was the oldest scoob 😊

Only took a few pics but here they are anyways 😉

Screenshot_20181021-173710_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20181021-173727_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20181021-173748_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20181021-173831_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20181021-173901_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20181021-173933_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20181021-173630_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20181021-173648_Facebook.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Reset the ECU on my RX now exhaust is on coupled with K&N panel - idle revs are immediately steadier but needs a few more miles done as it is a bit unresponsive at the moment

• 1 month later...
I painted my wheels Gold as per the Colin McRae given right of every Subaru owner. Its like it was always suppose to be [emoji846]

BEFORE >>>>
20181023_143847.thumb.jpg.87d9787737dc1509177d68cc3e624438.jpg
AFTER >>>
After1.thumb.jpg.cb770433387d6ea4dae53409e599745d.jpg
Hi mate, do you mind me asking what exhaust you have

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk