The YouTube thread... All things YouTube

bitman

They say they don't hurt anyone but they slide between cars and then sit in front of you. Basically the same as a car cutting you up. You as a car driver then have to take a step back to maintain a safe braking distance. Is filtering legal? Ive heard some bikers get pulled over for filtering in traffic. No evidence to back that up. Just hearsay

The only thing is, if you look at the start of the video the right hand lane is a right turn. I think they are both in the wrong but the evo driver more so. The bike accelerated to get in front of the car on his left and then the evo driver just cut him off completely to get over to the left lane turn. 

The biker went to the front of the "straight on" line of traffic, the Evo was in the right turn lane. So my money is in the Evo driver being in the wrong, the biker hasn't cut anyone up and was in the right lane, whether you think he should have ridden up to the front is a matter of opinion. Not exactly sure how the Evo driver lost it on what was almost a straight, unless he cacked his pants and braked.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

@Scoobyghost Filtering is allowed i.e it's legal to do so, as long as it is safe to do so. Only thing I do see is the biker seems to be happy in traffic and isn't until the evo comes along e moves through in attempt to get in the way. I would say the Evo went in that lane to jump traffic. I see it a lot in my local town people doing it at lights and rounds about. 

@Scoobyghost Filtering is allowed i.e it's legal to do so, as long as it is safe to do so. Only thing I do see is the biker seems to be happy in traffic and isn't until the evo comes along e moves through in attempt to get in the way. I would say the Evo went in that lane to jump traffic. I see it a lot in my local town people doing it at lights and rounds about. 

Fair do. I was always unsure. Stories I've heard must've been dangerous filtering. I have a roundabout near me where 90% of the time(True statistic 😂) someone is in the wrong lane but bib me up like I've cut them up.

It's only OK if it's safe not sure what is determined as safe though lol. We have two sets of lights in town and a roundabout that is notorious for it. I'll admit I've done it a couple of times myself. But I love it when the bmw or audi wankers do it and I'm in the right lane at the front. 3 to 4 k revs and off I go :driving:

• 2 weeks later...