world cup !

stants

Yeah, it's not rooney's football I got issue with to be honest. He could be the best player in the universe a racing driver, whatever, it wouldn't matter ,he's still a thick arrogant nob with a taste for granny prostitutes. A perfect role model to today's youth [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is'nt that just about every footballer :D

I think there is always too much expectation on England to do well in these competitions. The fact of the matter is, England just aint very good. 

I agree They keep going on about Gerrard or Rooney being world class. Bull Sh@t world class do it every week and win games every now and again doing something that's maybe a little special with a 40 yard screamer or a great pass across a field doesn't make you world class. I know some people have said they're getting too old now Rooneys 28 Gerrards maybe at the point of being over the hill for the game or border line but I still think they're our best two players and still needed to help the younger ones like 12 year old Sterling even if they was moved to benchwarmers I think they still need to be in the team. Lets face it look at Italys team I would have said they was old :D

I would also blame the media they always look for someone to blame and everyone seems to go with it like Beckham. I just think Rooneys turn this time round. I still think we will get through but lose the 1st game game after group stages. Despite my comment on facebook about having a new Captain next week called  Roger Smith.. He's the pilot on the return flight.  

I don't think all footballers are like that, there are some who I would say are actually decent role models for kids, Rooney is just a thug with a Bentley.

I just think if you're in that sort of position you should and I think have to, set yourself up as a role model to today's youth, don't see Hamilton or button grabbing prozzers, getting into bar brawls. Yet football players are held in higher regard by children than F1 drivers so they should present themselves as that role model.

My other problem with Rooney is just that he has one of those faces you want to punch, it's nothing personal, he just does [emoji15]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Brilliant result for Chile this evening a shows what a team who want to win play like determined to the last.

Misses has asked how come I get more animated for chile than england.

I'm just resigned to the fact that england have been pants since 1966 and I doubt I'll see them lift the world cup in my life time. Haha

Can't believe we showed ao much promise in the italy game, good positive attacking play, and to revert to the same old england and run out of ideas is just poor.

Love the way chiles and co were saying we can still qualify, one major problem there chaps, we need to beat Costa Rica for a start.

I don't think they stand a chance against costa rica. They had no passion or effort. I know people had a go at rooney but for me gerrard is worse. He is meant to dictate play from the midfield and he was barely in the game. He should stay off in the next game and have a complete change. Go with a full team of young blood amd get them ready for the euro's in a coue of years!!

Total **** Poor Performance. The problem with the English players is they have absolutely no passion or love for the game, they simply play for the cash and that fancy lifestyle, unlike most of the players from the Non EU teams, who play as part of their way of life. Until that changes England will never be successful.

I don't think it's the no passion, it's more a psychological issue. The players are pretty much beaten in their own heads as soon as they go a goal down. When things don't work they panic and try to force things to happen. Also a major factor is we don't use gamesmanship as a standing tactic like everyone else does. We don't play act and writhe around as if shot, muck about with the ball when it's the oppositions free kick/throw in etc. We don't all clamour round the ref demanding bookings and whinging about stuff. It may be considered part of the game overseas but I for one am glad it's not part of ours.

I also think the media has had an effect as normally there is so much pressure on the team the petulance starts to come out and players end up with silly bookings and sendings off. This time it's was " it's a young squad, we've got no chance, we won't win it" etc and I think that has played on the players minds and knocked the confidence of the younger players, would have been good if the was the euros and the World Cup was in 2 years as it's a character building experience for the younger players and it's a shame it's was on the biggest stage and not the smaller Euro one.

Is it time to point a finger at the people who run the fa though?

They choose the management teams who do the "big games" but have they got the grass roots training right? Seems wrong that most of the academy teams are recruiting overseas players after a certain age as they are "more promising". Not much hope for the long term future tbh.

It's been going wrong for about 50 years so has to be those at the top who are doing something wrong?

Hit the nail on the head there pete,

Still old bitey's looking good for you next season, if thats how he plays after a month off. Just pray he stays fit.

So we have to beat Costa Rica about 8 nil and hope that italy beat everyone else by a shed load of goals to stand any chance of going through,

I'm a leeds fan so I'm used to watching my team show some promise and then cocking it all up so I look at england with the same view haha.

I've always said the Media is the worst thing for British football. They will always try to single out the player for a hate campaign. The team was the worst England side I'd ever seen the full team need to take responsibility if I'm honest, but that might be because I'm not a fan of Roy Hodgson. And I must admit I never had any doubt we would ever be in for a chance to win the World Cup but did think we would have made it past the group stages :( I'd say you have more chance of winning the jackpot than England going through now I will admire anyone that still holds hope :) 

But the good point's was we have seen some talented young players in attack with a whole bunch more coming through just hope we have a few that can make a back four up and some Central Midfielders. Thing that annoys me the most the players probably don't give a crap they can now relax sun themselves and return home to a heros welcome well most of them. And drive around in the hypercars and live in mansions :) and sorting out their sponsor deals with Pepsi Max. :) 

Any one else think that roy and sonia from eastenders could be related ?

Both look like they have the face of an owl.

The only way we'll ever win it again is if we are hosts, and we all know thats never gonna happen

So what you guy's think Luis Suarez defence will be today

1. It was Chewsday
  2. Nobody can resist tucking into an Italian 
  3. It was really a new Subway advertisement to promote the hearty Italian  
  4. He thought the manager said in the dressing room at halftime the formation was 4-4-chew
  5.  Luis Suarez is teaming up with Joe Hart to advertise Head and !Removed! Shoulders.
  6. Luis Suarez' favourite dish is Chiellini Con Carne.
  7. He wanted to show the rest of his english team mates he still has passion and hunger for the game.
  8. He becomes a diva when he's hungry. The bench couldn't get him off in time for his Snickers 
  9. He thought Chiellini was a type of pasta 
  • Like 1