Cree LED sidelights

majik_thighs

Ive had them on my cars for the past 5 years and been stopped for various things and not one rozzer has mentioned them. they`re not so bright as they blind anyone.....lets face it  the stock ones are **** poor.

Its supposed to be illegal to have blue lights showing on any car except emergency services.  :rolleyes:

lol @ rozzer

thanks mate.....just was on a bulb-selling site and the description on some (stupidly expensive) phillips T10's said they were ok for internal, but not external use.

Can't wait for mine to come now  :D

Shows the location of the bulb, if you take the Battery off it will be a breeze. Do this one first.

post-2579-0-34152300-1409838359_thumb.jp

Same on the other side, not as easy to remove the airbox but it will make the job easier if you do.

post-2579-0-29845800-1409838379_thumb.jp

At first it looks like the LEDs are too big to fit in the same hole as the stock bulb but if you line it up you`ll find they will just fit.

Had a look tonight as it was getting dark to see if I could locate the sidelight bulb holders....think I've found them and depending on how they come out, may not need to remove Battery or air box.

So - first question - are the holders a kind of figure 8 shape with 2 sets of wires coming out the back?

Second question - do I twist to remove holder from socket or just pull straight out?

Tried to locate video online unsuccessfully [emoji20]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Had a look tonight as it was getting dark to see if I could locate the sidelight bulb holders....think I've found them and depending on how they come out, may not need to remove battery or air box.

So - first question - are the holders a kind of figure 8 shape with 2 sets of wires coming out the back?

Second question - do I twist to remove holder from socket or just pull straight out?

Tried to locate video online unsuccessfully [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I think its the figure eight thingy. and yes, just a short twist and they come out. The LED is just a fit and just pushes back into its wee hole without needing to twist it.

If you can do it without removing said items then your a better man than I

Have fun :)

• Like 1

Led's in, literally a 5 minute job. Nice n easy once I knew where the bulb holders were. Thanks mate; such a cheap job, such a good result. Sides on at all times now I'm thinking [emoji106]

Led's in, literally a 5 minute job. Nice n easy once I knew where the bulb holders were. Thanks mate; such a cheap job, such a good result. Sides on at all times now I'm thinking [emoji106]

Wahey!...............Always nice when a plan comes together........you see what I meant by a tight fit?

Good thing about these, they last forever. :) and how bright are they huh?

• Like 1

Yeah mate, tight into the holder but fitted back through the aperture fairly easily. I'll try and get a pic when the light starts to go. They do look great though [emoji41]

I was going to ask actually; have you ever had to replace a bulb?

Yeah mate, tight into the holder but fitted back through the aperture fairly easily. I'll try and get a pic when the light starts to go. They do look great though [emoji41]

I was going to ask actually; have you ever had to replace a bulb?

I swapped them over from the last OB, I was going to get a couple of spares, at the time they were only available from Australia but now they`re closer to home, no need. LEDs outlast normal bulbs and draw less power.