scooby highland fling.

scottishtaffy

just a wee vid of a small part of a 400 mile run we did with around 20 other scoobys over 2days. epic roads and great cars and people and the noise thru the mountains of the flat fours made the hairs on the back of you neck stand up. plus a wee vid of me in the passenger sesat of my pal lewis caterham he hired for the fling as he sold his scooby. what a car!!!!!

and the 2.3 cossie engined caterham

• Like 3

no we have folk come up from all over to it and the central belt of scotland too. was club based origanlly but then some folk that did no longer have a scooby or was off the road came with there own one. its a brilliant weekend. that one road is the highest in britain and is a bit rough but genraly there great 60 mph roads..... ahem..... :ph34r: :D :P

good thing is you can see ahead for ages so you get plenty of warning to slow down from :ph34r:  60 :ph34r: ........ its like when we come up behind someone they often pull over to let us all pass them. its just an epic weekend. some fast driving but all in a controlled manner :blink:

• Like 2

I do love a caterham, always planned to buy one when I could, hopefully in a year or two. Something for rwd fun. And complete opposite character to the Scooby. Looks like a fun weekend, will have to convince the gf that it would make a nice weekend away up there, unfortunately she likes the warmth...

Me and my brother have been keeping our eye open for an "unfinished" one on eBay for months now, in the hope one will show up for good money and we can build it :) .

So Scottishtaffy, where abouts is that road you drove? Looks great!

Looks like a great weekend [emoji41]

I'd love a caterham, but I'd have to build it myself. A mate bought one part built, it cost him about £7k and it looked a bargain, but once he started working on it he found loads of stuff wrong. Chassis was out of square, insufficient welding, loads really. And because he hadn't built he wasn't certain if all those little nuts and bolts were tight, and wasn't certain what donor vehicle some parts were from. He spent a lot trying to sort it, but I think he ended up getting rid of it

Its the road to applecross in the Scooby. Think its the highest road in Britain. The one in the caterham was at lairg all west coast Scotland . As for the weather we had outside dinners both days. And t shirts both days. Up around 15℃ which up here is tropical but not hot enough for the chinnock midges lol

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using Tapatalk

That road to Applecross is brilliant. We did it a couple of years ago with about 15 Legacies. Brilliant day but glad we didn't meet too much oncoming traffic. :)

This clip was part of our day too.

• Like 1

Well leave them and call it a boys weekend. Must admit that if my wife wasn't with me then I would probablybe running in the fast group lol

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using Tapatalk