Help and Knowledge required!!!

simondelves

Hello there!

My Legacy (2007) currently has the base model head unit. It's a GX 201RH. It's okay but I would like to upgrade. I have 2 questions.

1) is there any way of fitting an after market Stereo considering the climate control is part of the unit?

2) if not can I directly replace it with a factory upgrade unit such as a GX 204????

Please help as I have no idea!!!

post-3873-0-11337600-1424704765_thumb.jp

I think the gx 204 is a 6 CD player. It defiantly plays mp3 but I don't know if the 201 does???

Hmm yea mp3 player or 6cd changer would be nice, but id imagine the sound quality would be similar. N probably cost you a few bob.

I looked at replacing the speakers as mine are a little worn. But i aint got round it to yet lol.

I have already put some very nice pioneer speakers in. Not stupid powerful but a good crisp sound. Easy to do as well.

you dont have any links to them do you mate? I need some new ones but I'm not sure what i'm looking for. :(

Sorry I don't have a link. I just put a search on eBay for legacy speakers. There were lots of options. I just picked the standard size. It was a very simple swap. All I did was swap the connectors and screw straight into the original holes. The hardest part was finding all the fixings for the door cards!