Correct ISO Harness for Forester SG my2004 and Alpine CDE-W235BT

Evening all.

I've just tried to install an Alpine CDE-W235BT into my2004 Forester 2.5XT and rather predictably the ISO harness I ordered didn't do the job.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the correct harnesses and how to get the steering controls working? 

The harness I got plugs nicely into the two iso leads coming out of the HU's harness, but only connects to one of the three harnesses coming from the Subaru; the white one. There were two more black ones, a small one which I assumed was the steering remote, and one other.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00J8N9K4C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

The Stereo didn't switch on (I don't think).

i have the same head unit in my 2007 impreza hatch and my steering controls dont work as well.the unit was allready installed when i got the car,but i can have a look in morning and put a picture up of whats plugged in min see if its same as yours.

*EDIT* Cheers Aucky, don't worry about ripping out your dash, I think I've figured it out. The only thing that isn't clear is how to connect the factory Sat Nav.

From what I can work out, the first two looms on the link below will get me up and running with sound and power and steering controls, which points to the last black block being for the factory NAV screen at the top of the dash.

http://incartec.co.uk/subaru/2094/1036/2066/radio/Browser.aspx

i have the same head unit in my 2007 impreza hatch and my steering controls dont work as well.the unit was allready installed when i got the car,but i can have a look in morning and put a picture up of whats plugged in min see if its same as yours.

Actually. doh. I hadn't connected one of the wires together. So Stereo now powering on and I've got sound; I'm just missing steering controls, and Factory Sat Nav connection. Does anyone know if the sat nav connection is purely for sound, or if it takes a feed from the antenna for traffic?

• Like 1