Wrx alarm

Hi all, 

I have recently moved to east Africa and I took my car with me which is a 2001 wrx. I have had it for few months here never gave me problem but now it won't even start  as the immobiliser and alarm system are totally busted. All the subarus in east Africa are jap imports and no one can fix this problem as my car is the first Subaru to be imported from the UK. Please can some one tell me how I can remove this alarm system and use the factory provided system. I still have all the original keys and fobs. please someone give me a way to overcome this issue i am very sad that I can't even hear my car rumble anymore... Please help someone!!

image.jpeg

If it the Subaru sigma system it very easy remove or bypass or repair using second hand alarm units plugged in and programmed to your fobs.

Confirm alarm type. Pic of remote and sensors on car (you have keypad ?)

Also supply fault details , do doors unlock/lock via fob , dash lights on when ignition on etc ....

• Like 2

Hi mr B, 

it's the sigma m30 alarm with the keypad system. Nothing worked by using the fob, doors didn't lock or unlock neither did the indicators flash, however all the dash lights come on as usual when I turned the key.

I managed to by pass the system by opening the ignition loom and the wiring loom under the drivers door. There was One splice for ignition trigger and one splice for the fuel pump. 

I am well chuffed it worked as no one here in east Africa had a clue what to do 😀😀...

Do I need to do anything else or is it ok the way I have done it so far.. Will appreciate your feedback 

Thank you for replying,  Amey

Good job ...

That all you need do get it running & usable ...

You either look at it further in terms of checking power to main alarm brain & board inside & either source another used alarm in uk (breakers sell them as set with a fob or pin code so can code your key fobs to it) or completely remove it & go without or install different make perhaps !

if you search on here for M30 alarm or alarm problems you should find a few posts I done on the M30 inc instructions on reprogramming keys & relay faults in main brain .

least you got the rumble back :-)

• Like 1

Hmmmm how do I remove it completely, I really don't need this alarm here, my car will be stripped and turned into rally car soon. If I leave the alarm wired in will it do any harm to the car or the electronics?

Won't do any harm if simply cut & isolate power to mainbrain but quite easy (little bit time consuming do neatly) follow wiring from main brain & disconnect everything, pulling wiring, sensors, siren, bonnet switch, keypad .

You can leave it as is
You could pull plug from mainbrain just in case fault has any parasitic power drain .
It no harder remove other wires really, just case of trace them through & rejoin originals when been a cut splice & disconnect & insulate ones that been standard splice . big chunk of wiring is what goes to siren, ultrasonics & keypad, pull all that out & not huge amount left - door switch feed, bonnet switch, central locking trigger, acc ignition trigger, indicator feed trigger left&right, power, earth .
We don't remove many as can fix most issues quickly for £60 to £100 with spare used system parts or mainboard relay swap or siren Battery refresh .

• Like 1