2007 SUBARU IMPREZA RB320 FOR SALE. 52K MILES. 12 MONTHW WARRANTY AND MOT. JUST SERVICED.

The time has come for me to part company with my beloved RB320.

The car was first registered in March 2007 and has covered only 52,000 miles from new. I have covered just under 7,000 miles since buying it May 2015.  The mileage may increase very slightly, but I only use the vehicle every 2nd or 3rd weekend so it gets very little use.  

The car comes with the added benefit of a 12 month Auto Protect warranty for complete peace of mind; I bought a 3-year warranty in May 2016 after the 1-year Auto Protect dealer warranty had expired.  The warranty expires on 30th May 2019 and can definitely be transferred to the new owner; there is a £25 transfer fee which I will cover as part of the sale.

The car had an MOT on 28th April 2018 which it easily passed.  The MOT doesn’t expire until 25th May 2019.  The car was also serviced on 3rd May 2018 by my local Subaru dealer, Perkins of Rayne, with absolutely no problems.

This is a limited edition model which, when new, came with £6,000 worth of extras over the standard WRX STi.  This model was produced in commemoration of Richard Burns (World Rally Champion in 2001) who sadly passed away in 2005.  

This example is number 023 of only 320 with only 265 remaining at the end of 2017 (197 on the road and 68 on SORN).  If you look at a website called HowManyLeft this will confirm these numbers. 

This is a modern and future classic which is appreciating in value.

I looked at quite a few RB320’s before buying this one and the thing that swayed me to this one was that it had had 2 previous owners, both of whom had bought the car from Cotswold Subaru (now known as RPS), from whom I also bought the car.  So, in effect, they had sold the car to all 3 owners, including myself and had a complete history of the car, including confirmation that it had never sustained any accident damage.

The car comes with Full Subaru Service History, most of it with Cotswold Subaru (for the reasons mentioned above) but the last couple of services having been done by my local Subaru dealer (Perkins of Rayne).   It runs and handles perfectly and has never been taken on a track.

I have all of the MOT’s going back to 2012, which Cotswold Subaru gave me when I bought the car.  These have the mileage recorded on them at the time of each MOT test.  I also have all of the receipts for the vehicle since I acquired it.

The car is completely standard and comes with 2 keys, and all manuals, including the ones for the Clarion Hi-fi system.

When not being used, the car lives in my garage under a tailor-made car cover and is connected to trickle charger / Battery conditioner.

As with all RB320’s, the car is finished in Obsidian Black Pearl paint and comes with 18” anthracite Prodrive GT1 alloys (with locking wheel nuts and new RB centre caps) which are all in immaculate condition with no kerbing, flaking, etc.  The wheels are shod in Michelin Pilot Sport 4 (235/40/Z18) tyres all round which have only covered 2,000 miles from new.

This is still an exceptionally quick car, with the handling to match, even by today’s standards.  Fitted as standard with the Prodrive Peformance Pack, the engine produces 316 BHP / 320PS with 450 Nm / 332 ft.lb of torque.  This means a 0-60 time of just 4.8 seconds with 0-100 in 12.2 seconds.

In terms of what the car comes with, this is as follows:

Performance
2457cc petrol turbocharged engine
Prodrive Peformance Pack
Specially developed Prodrive suspension system with Bilstein Dampers and Eibach Sports Springs
STi Quick-shift gearbox with RB320 logo’d gearknob
Lowered ride height
Permanent all-wheel drive with fully adjustable centre differential which allows you to vary the amount of drive between the front and rear wheels depending on things like driving conditions, driving requirements/style, etc.
Intercooler waterspray for lowering intercooler temperature for added performance on warm/hot days when turbo-charged engines don’t perform quite as well as they do on cooler days.
Brembo Big Brake Kit with gold calipers all round.  4-pot on the front and 2-pot on the rears
Brembo Pads and discs fitted to front with Brembo discs and EBC Yellow Stuff Pads fitted to rear.
Original Prodrive exhaust which makes a lovely ‘burble’ but isn’t ridiculously loud
Rear under-tray diffuser/venturi

Interior
5 seats
RB320 embroided hall leather / half alcantara seats all round with leather doorcards (£1,500 option when purchased new) all in excellent condition including bolster on driver’s seat 
2 sets of embroided RB320 mats.  A set of these is now well over £100 on eBay if you can get hold of them.
Clarion double-din Hi-fi with built in DVD, Sat Nav, CD, DAB Radio Unit, iPod connection, handsfree Bluetooth connectivity. £1,750 option when new.  Comes with remote control and manuals.  Fantastic adjustability which enables you to control things such as crossover points, frequency cut-offs, level for separate sub-out, etc.
Upshift indicator light and ‘bleeper’ for optimal gear changes.  Mine has always been set at 5,500 rpm which sounds low, but the one thing that these 2.5 litre Impreza engines don’t like is too many revs and because of the way the engine delivers its power, optimal performance is obtained by changing up early rather than hanging onto a gear for too long.  
Glovebox
Full Climate Control including air conditioning
Heated rear screen
Front centre armrest with integral storage
12v cigarette lighter
Pull-down centre armrest for rear seat passengers

Exterior
Polished stainless steel mesh front grill 
Prodrive mudflaps all round
RB320 badging all round
Xenon headlights
STi Front Splitter
Front fog lights (£280 option when new) plus colour-coded Obsidian Black blanking/trim plates if you wish to remove the fog lights
Electrically adjustable / heated mirrors
Roof spoiler as well as the famous Impreza ‘high-rise’ boot spoiler
Headlamp washer jets
RB numberplate which comes with the vehicle
Green tinted glass with vehicle VIN number etched into each pane

Comfort / Convenience
Remote controlled central locking which also sets the alarm/immobiliser
Front electromagnetic parking sensor built into front splitter
Rear electromagnetic parking sensor built into rear bumper
Electric windows all round with one-shot raising/lowering for driver with the ability for the driver to ‘lock’ the use of the rear windows; particularly useful if you have children in the back
Central locking with deadlocking
Remote internal release for fuel filler flap and boot 

Miscellaneous
RB320 numbered tax disc holder with 'replica' RB320 tax disc showing vehicle registration and build number
Original Impreza brochure
New Battery (replaced 2017)
Airbag recall (affecting most Subaru models) done by Perkins of Rayne in 2017.
Always run on Shell Optimax / V-Power
Always used good quality oil (Miller Nanodrive CFS 10w40 fully synthetic competition) at almost £60 for 5 litres
2 sets of keys for car
Subaru Obsidian Black touch-up paint
Prodrive GT1 Anthracite touch-up paint
The head gaskets were replaced under warranty at around 46,000 miles (in August 2015) together with timing belts and a new clutch plate.  
The front and rear Bilstein dampers have also been replaced under warranty.

Security
Thatcham Catregory 1 alarm/immobiliser
Tracker (with up-to-date subscription) includes features such as geolocation (allows you to locate the vehicle via its co-ordinates), movement detection (if vehicle moves a certain distance a from a pre-determined location), text alerts if alarm is activated, status update allowing you to remotely check location, Battery voltage, ability to completely disable the vehicle (for example, when you leave it for 2 weeks whilst you're on holiday), etc.  Standard fitment on this vehicle. 

No test pilots, canvassers or timewasters please.  Serious enquiries only.  Test drives will involve me demonstrating the vehicle unless proof of comprehensive cover for this particular vehicle can be provided (with an insured value of £20,000).  Any questions or serious enquiries, please feel free to get in touch.  I have more photos of the vehicle which I’m happy to share with you on request.  Please contact me either on 07958 565291 or pasmariconda@ic24.net.

IMG_6454.JPG

IMG_6453.JPG

IMG_6452.JPG

IMG_6451.JPG

IMG_6450.JPG

IMG_6449.JPG

IMG_6496.JPG

IMG_6495.JPG

IMG_6494.JPG

IMG_6493.JPG

IMG_6481.JPG

IMG_6480.JPG

IMG_6467.JPG

IMG_6466.JPG

IMG_6465.JPG

IMG_6464.JPG

IMG_6463.JPG

IMG_6462.JPG

IMG_6460.JPG

IMG_6459.JPG

IMG_6456.JPG

IMG_6455.JPG

IMG_6438.JPG

IMG_4564.JPG

IMG_4563.JPG

IMG_6469.JPG

media 9.jpg

Hi All,

Forgot to add the obvious detail which is the price!!  I'm looking for £18,995.  Due to the fact that these cars are becoming very rare, I have managed to get mine insured on a Classic Car policy for an Agreed Value of £19,000 all for the princely sum £253.61 with £100 excess!!!

Please get in touch if you're at all interested as this really is an appreciating modern classic.

Regards,

Pas 

• 1 year later...

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for your message, but the ad is 2 years old and I managed to sell the car not long after posting the ad.  Funnily enough, I was just 'having a nose' at the current prices of RB320's a few weeks ago and noticed that 'my' car was back on Autotrader at £19,000..................but I've just had another look and it seems to have gone.  Whether it sold or not, I don't know.  Having said that, there are a few others on there.  Good luck in your search.

Regards,

Pas

• Thanks 1