Forester immobiliser

06forester

Hi , iv just joined the forum because I need your expert help , I have an 06 forester 2.0 petrol , I only have one key and it went in the washing machine the other day and now dosent work , iv had a key guy come out to me and he didn’t know how to sort it , he said the key was putting out a signal but nothing works , any suggestions would be great 

thanks in advance

He tried the re programme pin but had no luck , he said the pin might have been changed so have found online the sequence to change it but was done on a 2001 Impreza so assuming it’s the same sequence for mine but different code?

it was *17856*92*Xxxx*xxxx#

sorry if that’s unclear , I’m not very good with this sort of thing

Without Sigma programming interface you can only change an unknown pin when have a working remote fob (and you don't) .

When only have 1 key it absolute MUST to have the pin to save this ballache and expense ..

You could try drying key board out in a bag with some rice, could also try a key fob repair service you find online, they normally under £30

If key can't be repaired you going need find someone who can program Sigma alarms or buy a used Sigma alarm module with working keys and swap module to your car and swap the alarm fob board to your key (this method pretty low cost solution and diy possible)

link to sigma manual >
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Ub2apq5-pfcjJhSm5XUHNyUzQ

Thanks for the reply , but I tried the code I found online and fort it hadn’t worked so called the aa to get a tow to my nearest Subaru dealership , when trying the car it started , so maybe it needed time reset after typing in the code ?

The keypad is quite touchy how use and time between key pressing etc got be just right, read the manual and practice with the code so know how do it right . when in a panic with no working fobs is never best time learn keypad etiquette lol ...

Also get a spare key, a transponder key (minus alarm fob, you use code via keypad) can be done by any auto locksmith for sensible money (£30-£40) .

Plus side now you got known good pin code is can program a new fob board easily, a used key off eBay like 20 to £30 and you just swap fob board to your key housing and program it ... job jobbed .

Don't get a key/keyfob via dealer as you get wallet robbed generally ...