Lifting my 2007 Outback 2" (ish)

Seb_

Hi There,

I'm considering making my 2007 Outback into a more offroad competant camping vehicle for the purpose of driving primarily on dirt road and mild offroad such as fields, woodland, hills, farm land etc.

My initial thought is to:

1. buy some 15" alloys and fit some AT tyres.
  2. lift the car by 2" 

Now I know this will no doubt make my experience on the road worse, but I use the car rarely and intend on making it purely a camping/adventure mobile.

I need some advice on the lifting, what's the best way to do it?  

My intent is to use a decent lift kit rather than just spacers at the top of the struts, I assume a suspension upgrade is the way to go but I would like to hear from people who have done it.

Is there anything else I should be thinking about other than tyres and suspension?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Having done a limited amount of searching the only solution I seem to be able to find is a spacer kit from AWDAdventure.com (ADF).

05-09 SUBARU OUTBACK 2" STRUT SPACERS W/ MULTI LINK SPACERS

05-09.OB-2.5SS2MLK

https://awdadventure.com/collections/2005-2009-subaru-outback/products/05-09-outback-2-strut-spacers-w-multi-link-spacers?variant=31671232659500

I think that kit would be suitable but is this the right strategy?  I was thinking replacement springs/dampers would be the way to go?

$600 seems a lot of money for a few pieces of drilled box section and some bolts.