To DeCat or not to DeCat

Qball

Hi All

Last year I took my Legacy for an MOT which it passed but only just. CO levels were just on the limit. This could mean that either the Lambda sensor is on its way out or the CAT is or both. The rear box is a Stainless Steel 4" sports exhaust box that was on the car when I bought it. However the middle section is a standard Subaru part with integral CAT close to the joint for the down pipes. So the question that is on my mind is:Do I replace with standard parts? or Do I DeCat, adding a CAT when it gets MOT'd. What's the consensus?

Qball

If you're happy to get under the car to change it when the MOT is due I'd say do it. But I have a friendly MOT man for the cat so I've never had to worry about it  :) I just hope he doesn't retire anytime soon :D

Mine went through its mot fine,I'm de- catting but I'm making my own sleeve as legacy parts like that that don't always come up. Not sure about normal scoobys but mines got 2 cats, one on the primary as well which is best left due to the possiblity of over spooling up the secondary pipe so I've heard