car been hit while parked

bazza

hi guys as above my partners car has been hit while it was parked.. basicly she returned to her car 02 plate corsa and found front bumper hanging down with yellow paint on it ....she spotted a yellow vauxhall mavarno van and the lady driver admitted she did it and gave insurance details ect...what i want to no is if the insurance decide to write the car of at a loss can we buy the car back ? 

my partner has a £310.00 excess so think they will take that then pay her what they think the car is worth it has done under 50.000 miles only second owner been told she can claim back the £310  excess as other party has admitted fault and my partner was not in the car.....we have never claimed before and just wonderd how this works if you want tobuy the car from insurance company ...depending on value been told they use a quote from a book called glasses or classes can any one tell me what the car or insurance may offer us for the corsa

any help and advice greatly appreciated

First thing to do is not accept the first offer they make. On the second offer, they normally explain that it's there final offer.

Next, at that point, ask how much it would cost to but the car back from them. I've never known them say no unless it's a bad accident.

The other thing is, you shouldn't lose the excess for the insurance. The other party has admitted to it, so technically, the claim is through that persons insurance, not yours.

If your car is an insurance write off they are basically saying the repair is worth more than the value of the car i.e Cat C say for example. 
Let's say their valuers think the car was worth £1000, this is decided by the make, model, mileage and condition of the car; your insurance company will give you £1000 BUT you want to keep the car too so in effect you buy the car from them for salvage/repair let's say that costs £150, so now they're giving you £850 + And you have to pay to have it checked to be safe to go back on the road. 

I've never had to make a claim or anything (touch wood, touches head) that's from memory of my mate's car 

she won't have to pay the excess at all

some companies won't let you buy back, they either have a company that buy's all the write off's or they send them all to auction

just keep asking them to buy back, if they don't let you, ask to speak to a manager

Understand the job of the claim adjuster. They are essentially reverse salesmen. Their job is to pay out the very least amount of money at all times. They have targets to meet and families to feed. Doc your heels in and play hardball. I managed in a recent case to get the money they offered plus kept the car. This sort of deal works well for them as they meet their target and don't have to do into real money to give you what you want.

thanx for advice been very helpful im going to refuse first offer and hope to buy the car back its mainly just the front bumper needs replacing £70 job ....

we have never claimed before and the other half feels she is being treated by insurance company as she has done something wrong .....

so plan is to buy car back if possible and have little bit of cash after repair maybe.....the guy from garage came to house took 3 or 4 pics of the car on our driveway in pooring rain and gave a quote to insurance company we are still waiting for the out come and car is still on our drive way and we should no if its going to be repaired or written off should no today or tomoz

keep you informed what happens 

I've always been told that if you still have the car and intend to buy it back don't ever let them take it. Not sure how right that is but while you are sorting it to be paid out and buy it back don't let them take it away even if they say it's to store the car. And it doesn't surprise me their being like that. They will be your best friend and send you emails wishing you happy birthday as long as you don't crash and keep regular payments up. Soon as you don't they turn you into the fat kid at school that used to soil himself and no longer want to know you, but will still be happy to take any jammy dodgers off you.