CD Player jammed

Beefy

Hi everyone,

I have just joined the Suburu Owners Club as yesterday I purchased a 2007 2.0 XC Forrester. The car is very different to anything that I have ever owned before, which was mainly Mercedes and BMW's and I am very much enjoying the experience, early though it is. 

However, there is a cloud and that is that the in dash factory unit radio/6cd player has a problem. The radio is fine and tunes easily etc although the volume difference between FM and MW is unreal. The CD player however is not working, It is simply saying 'eject' for CD2, but nothing happens. It does not eject, I cannot load any CD's into it and it will not move away from CD2.

I fear that this may be terminal for the palyer and horribly expensive to replace. Does anyone know if there is a remedy or are there any replacement untis out there for sale?

Many thanks

Beefy

Hi Beefy apologies for the late reply. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the players on the forester hopefully one of the other members might be able to help but normally try and take it out myself the CD might have jammed it up stopping it from ejecting or taking other Cd's. But if there isn't any in there I would say be broken internally somewhere. I would look at aftermarket ones probably get a good deal Halfords do some good radios.

Hi beefy, I had same problem with my 06 XT. I took the surround off (see youtube for vids) with intention to have radio out and have a play with it, but shortly after peeling off the surround, it must have released some pressure or something as the CD changer started churning and viola it was working again. My error was different to yours however.. It was saying error.. But I've read a few threads suggesting they can jam and a wobble/whack/jiggle call it what you like May fix it. Good luck

• Like 1

Hi, thanks for the replies. I have been on line and have seen the various options for trying to remedy the problem. The dealer I bought it off is going to have a look tomorrow morning to see if he can fix it and failing that, I think i'll go down the after market replacement double din unit. I've seen a Pioneer and JVC unit, reasonably priced although they will not look as neet in the dash as the original unit. Thanks again

• 4 years later...

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I'd loike to know how you got it fixed, if you got it fixed? My '56 Forrester has the same problem, stating "eject CD2" but won't eject anything, or let any disc go in... I didn't notice when I bought it, as I didn't try the radio until I'd had it a coupla months.

• 2 weeks later...

Might not work, but a similar, recurring problem on my Honda Jazz was cured by slightly inserting the edge another CD into the mouth of the load slot ( about 15-25mm) and then pressing "eject". 

It does sound like some kind of jam. Trying the eject button whilst repeatedly pounding the cd player/dashtop rapidly might just loosen something up. 

By the way JD. I see you are in Scotland. Me too. Where did you buy yours? 

Hoping to have a Forester of my own soon. WAs looking at a 2009-'13 petrol, manual for the 2 tonne towing capacity but now considering an older, 2002 - '06,  2.0 XT Auto as I've discovered they will legally tow 1900kg. 

I used to have a Saab 9000, 2.3 turbo and I reckon that Subaru are up there with them, with eons of turbo experience in smallish petrol engines. Maybe even superior to the Saab?