Newbie alert!!!

Gt4lee

Hi there bought my wrx Sti type uk 2004 a few months ago now. My wife drives it Mon-fri and I get the wk ends. Theres a few little things I need to get sorted. When you change gear and let off the throttle it Revs up around 1k any ideas why this is? Also in 5th an 6th gear if your put you foot down its not boosting right like its a leaking from a vac pipe but I haven't the first idea where to start looking any one else had this? Thanks in advance. Lee

Hi Lee sorry about the late reply very unlike us here to do that or at least not acknowledge the post :) 

The rev's going up could be a well worn clutch slipping.

Does it have a dump valve on ?

Possible your car's engine doesn't like the dump valve  :)

I'd be tempted to try a standard one on it 1st if you can get your hands on one see if it improves it. Be best if you have a friend that has one to try 1st I'm guessing you won't be close to me as I have one in the garage we could have tested it out for a week. but 48k could be a clutch issue but I'm guessing you know how a clutch slip feels. But the Blobeye/Newage did have a few known issues with this happening with no real cure. throttle body might need a clean worth giving the butterfly a quick spray and a scrub with a toothbrush. 

What about the induction kit has that been added or is it still an air filter in the box ?

I'll see if I can get one from somewhere. It's got a standard air box but has a samco hose going to the airbox so I think it has a panel filter! It hasn't got that big scoop to the airbox like I've seen not sure if that's to do with the samco pipe? Prodrive cat bk. the clutch isn't slipping yet but I'll just have to see how it goes thanks for your replys

No worries mate what we're here for never like to hear of a injured breve rin on the roads [emoji6] other thing to try is get a spray bottle with engine running spray the air intake sections joints and pipes listen for any change in the revs. I don't think it will be the air intake scoop doing it I know which part you mean. Id have thought it would only maybe a problem once it was fully warm and taking in too much heat.