looking at a WRX STI (guidance)

scooby123456789

Hello

new to the forum as i am looking at purchasing a WRX STi  2.0 02-03 reg and claimed 290bhp it is a jap import looks clean and well looked after by the current owner but just need to know what to look out for if there are any common faults i should expect ect as this is mainly going to be a weekend / spare car really.   just wondering what sort of prices i should be looking at paying really, im not in the UK currently in the EU so i think its actually cheaper here for them.

Hello mate welcome to S.O.C 

I always guide people to this 1st bit of bed time reading should cover most things but if you want to ask anything feel free mate great bunch on here. Most people happy to help and are friendly :) 

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/1619-help-check-guide-buying-1st-subaru/

cheers for that.. are there any major faults to be aware of, other than always wanting one never really thought I would so now the chance has came im not to sure about background on this car ie is it reliable if well looked after or is it a case of its always going to cost money left right and centre.

• Like 1

You're welcome. Biggest problem with them will be big end failure or head gaskets really. I'd always recommended test driving when cold and let it warm up then have a good blast in it when warm make sure it boosts ok. I'd make sure it goes in gear easy as the gearbox and clutch can take a kicking with the power from them. Most of it is just genral checks though really like you would do in any car. :)